Hope you all had a good start to the new year....

maxg

Mine was pretty dreadful really. Baby got flu on the 27th (day we got back from Manchester) and is just now recovering. Wife got it on the 30th and is in bed with a temperature as I type and I got it yesterday.

All if this means that we aint left the house since before new year's and I am starting to go stir crazy.

Things are so bad I am logged onto the net on my old Desktop computer (a Pentium 3 and 500 Mhz) and am crusing this board on a weekend.

What is my status on here these days - no Life? It figures!!

Hope everyone had a better time than we did.

Cheers all.

Max,

I'm just getting over the flu as I type. The darn flu shot didn't work very well this year. On the bright side, most people I know are only getting sick for a day or two. Here in Los Angeles, we're just not used to the unusually cool weather we're getting. It was about 40° this morning and daytime highs have been in the high 50's and low 60's. I know, I know...we're a bunch of weather wussies...

Regards,

Chris

Wheresmysweatshirt, California

BTW what turntable did you finally decide on?

Christmas Day (noon) Left Milan Italy to DRIVE all the way up to Dubai2000's (Wolfram) house in northern Germany to see/hear/buy his Wright preamp and 3.5 SETs. Had a great visit (too short), and headed back to Milan. Now they drive pretty fast in Italy, but I was repeatedly passed on the autobahns while running over 200 KPH! Great fun until we (wife and I) exited the St. Gotthard tunnel (17 km long). Ran right into a blizzard! Fortunately had a set of full chains with us. Drove for about 2 hours at 35 KPH behind 5 (yes, FIVE) large dump trucks w/snowplows. Finally made it home to set up the new gear. Discovered that SETs/tubes really are so good!

Also discovered that an old CD I had, and stopped listening to with my old SS stuff, makes a great tube demo. Try the soundtrack of "The Sting" movie. Listen to the clarinet near the end of track 2. Those faint popping noises are (I think) the closing of the air holes (fingers or "lids"?) Never heard them before. Also try track 10-crank it up. THIS is heaven!

Thanks, Wolfram, and everyone for converting me!

----------------

On 1/4/2004 1:30:12 PM Benesesso wrote:

..."Now they drive pretty fast in Italy, but I was repeatedly passed on the autobahns while running over 200 KPH!"

----------------

Reminds me of the time I drove a friend's brand new 1983 Saab 900 Turbo on the Autobahn between Ludwigsburg and Stuttgart. He told me to open 'er up, so I was cruisin' along at 200 KPH (approx. 120 MPH), and I still had Porsches and BMWs passing me in the left lane! Damn, how fast were they going? Then I do a lousy 83 MPH in my '86 VW Jetta GL on I-4 between Lakeland and Orlando, and I get a damn $140 speeding ticket! The Europeans have all the fun!

Nice Christmas drive you had, and what a present you received!2.gif