Please help identify the wood and finish of this Jubilee

greg928gts

A couple of people have said it's sepale. Rick, 3dzapper, put a picture on a thread in the two-channel that really looked like the right thing, and Greg from Certainly Wood said he thought it was sepale. If that's so, that means that they've stained this Jubilee red.

Greg

larry,

What do you want to do with the image in Photoshop? Resize and color-correct? Do you want to post your picture in the body of the post, rather than in a link? I can probably help you!

Fini, thanks, I would love your help!! The Klipsch server originally wouldn't complete uploading my pic, a big digital file (this has happened repeatedly in the past). So, I used PE to "save for the web" to reduce the file size and, while I was at it, crop down to show the grain better. The K. server finally uploaded the result, but then the posting came out a big magnification of what I thought I had.

While I think I have the HTML codes to post in the message, I need to solve the basic things.

I am in total digital kindergarten here. Perhaps you can give me elementary pointers about what the hell to do. I may need to be talked through it.

Larry

The pictures Larry just posted look to be exactly as his speakers do in person. Beautiful grain. I talked him into using Murphy's wood soap on them a while back which darkened them some. I'm not sure he was very happy with my recommendation although I thought they were beautiful both before and after. I assured him it would fade back to the original shade but I'm not sure it's quite there yet. I like what it did for my zebrawood, giving it a more golden color. Makes them look new also. For those of us with laquered finishes, wood soap is about the best we can do to preserve the finish.

• Klipsch Employees

It is sepale with clear laquer (about a 40 sheen)

There are only 2 of these that I know of. That is the same speaker the first Klipsch Fan Clup got to hear in Hope in 2001

That is the same laquer we use on the Khorns and others. So, Larry it will last the same.

There were 6 proto types built. 2 ended up as you see them in the pic.

4 ended up raw birch and 3 ot these found a home with friends ;)

1 was destroyed

Gary,

On your recommendation, I just showered using Murphy's Oil Soap. I look like I just got back from San Tropez! I'm thinking of re-veneering my bald spot.

Had a real enjoyable phone call from Larry this morning. He even helped me with my turntable project!