4 cornwalls

arfandbark

Welcome to the forum. If you will give it time and more detailed information about everything including room size,music you perfer, cd`s or vinyl and be patient and you will get more information and opinions than you can shake a stick at. you can also do search and get all past post similar to what you are asking Bill

If you have Cornwalls, you may want to look into vintage

tube amplification. There are many other options out there and unless you need it tomorrow, hang on and you will get some great advice. After asking questions and reading previous threads, I purchased a vintage Scott 299

tube amp and had it rebuilt by somebody on the forum. The sound is fantastic. There are many satisfied klipsters in the same position. Ask, read and give it a chance. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the response.

They are Cornwalls(That's what they say they are. 100lbs+). I will produce serial nos. @ a later date. I do however want to hear them now and my budget is limited,so maybe this is a quick way to acheive my goals based on my "needs".I have heard the tube receivers and amps as well as some quality Zenith radios so I am aware of what they could be.

Last I heard them bark they were pushed by Crowns and I'm sure they were tubed.

I just need them back home and a couple hundred($279.95 for the H/K 3480) is a start for me.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/12/2004 2:49:53 AM arfandbark wrote:

Thanks for the response.

They are Cornwalls(That's what they say they are. 100lbs+). I will produce serial nos. @ a later date. I do however want to hear them now and my budget is limited,so maybe this is a quick way to acheive my goals based on my "needs".I have heard the tube receivers and amps as well as some quality Zenith radios so I am aware of what they could be.

Last I heard them bark they were pushed by Crowns and I'm sure they were tubed.

I just need them back home and a couple hundred($279.95 for the H/K 3480) is a start for me.

----------------

If you just want 2 channel, get a vintage HK when they made them great. You can spend under 200, and very likly under 100.00. Hows that price sound to you to get started6.gif Smilin

I would recomend HK430 and if the Cornwalls are on a smooth floor..pull those sliders off and go get grippers from wal-mart.You have asked same Question like 6 times, we cant reply to all of them,,,,give the guys time to reply...now your going to have to look at all six questions to see if you have a reply..welcome to the forum but give us a chance ok....rick9.gif

----------------

On 1/12/2004 1:50:06 AM arfandbark wrote:

Thank you for your ear. My music room is maybe 14"x24' and my preference is "varied".

I lean towards to H/K 3475 because of it's value and the fact that there are not many two channel receivers out there anymore and the fact that I want one soon.
----------------

I think that you will be very happy with the H/K unit. The modern H/K stuff matches nicely with the vintage Klipsch. I am using a H/K surround receiver and I used with to drive my Corwalls before I got a tube amp (mainly for the phono input section not because I was unhappy with the sound of the H/K).

Let us know what you think after you have everything hooked up.

Guest Anonymous

I just recieved the HK 430 I bought from ebay for 68 plus 20 shipping, it is still in the box, if you want it for what I have in it plus shipping I would be more than happy to help a newcomer to the forum.

Smilin

Email mr if you want it!2.gif