I want a Scott 299c or 299d

T_Shomaker

----------------

On 1/18/2004 12:35:31 AM smilin wrote:

Taylor I have a 299d at Craigs, it cost 280.00 including shipping, has case and Craig can tell you about the condition. I will throw in 20 myself.

Smilin
----------------

Ryan, Sheltie, Taylor,

Here was Smilin's offer. Not a bad deal at all. Heck I paid $280 for mine without a case and tubes.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 1/18/2004 6:05:39 PM sheltie dave wrote:

Taylor, just sit tight. We are stalking this one, and you have a guaranteed backup in Smilins up in Michigan. If this guy has weak knees, you'll have a great deal. We will see how things fall out when the dust settles!
----------------

Taylor,

You are certainly fortunate to have some really nice people here looking out for your best interests. Don't worry, they'll guide you to a reasonable deal on a 299D or LK-72B. Just sit back, relax, and let Sheltie Dave, Ryan, and the others who have years of audio experience do the work for you and help get this all ironed out.

----------------

On 1/18/2004 6:48:59 PM pilferus wrote:

Hay im in for 10.00 as well..just let me know whos gonna bid and who to send or paypal it to..I bought the same amp 2wks ago and its on its way to NOs Valves:)

regards,

dana clark
----------------

Dana,

What kind of speakers are you planning to run with the 299D?

----------------

On 1/18/2004 9:06:17 PM Ryan C. Inman wrote:

$405 for an LK-72B, even without the wood case! Whoever paid this price must have rocks in their head!

Don't worry Taylor, we'll find you another Scott, probably even nicer than this one!

-Ryan
----------------

Maybe it's the same guy that paid $600 plus for that 299C unbuilt a few weeks ago on eBay?

Everyone,

I talked with Smilin as the LK-72B started shooting through the roof. He offered his 299D, already at Craig's, for his cost - a $20 chipin. It already has a walnut case in decent shape.

I would like to take the time to thank everyone who has offered to help out Taylor. Whether it be offering advice, chipping in some money, or offering professional services gratis, Taylor's quest has brought out some of the best in all of us who have been involved to any extent.

Ryan, Craig, the Fischer Doctor, and A1 TV Repair in St. Louis stepped forward and offered to rebuild Taylor's tube amp for free. Alan offered a brand new case for free. Please remember this when you have your next piece of tube equipment that might need a repair or rebuild, or you are looking for a custom case. It is always nice to treat well those who treat you well.

Taylor, I will send Smilin a check for $260 this week as my back allows. You have my phone #, so your folks can give me a ring. If you want to get me an initial payment of $ when you can, that will be fine. Make sure you keep $50 of what you already have, so your wallet is not empty. You won't be getting this for free - just getting a great deal on an amp you can enjoy for the rest of your life if you want.

I will post a link to my wife's Paypal acct tomorrow for anyone who wants to send a chip in.

Ryan,

Taylor is officially in the queue ! This amp is sweet. It needed a 5AR4, 7591's, 6U8s and Knobs but Dave offered the 7591 spares that I have of his here and I have a few so we will have a set for him. They probably won't be like new but he can take his time and find a nice set for a backup. The case is in descent shape the amp is in excellent shape ! Old Steve is the luckiest eBayer I have ever seen. Every piece he buys is in near perfect shape or totally unique like is Vert Corns.

If you want you could donate some of the parts if you would like.

Craig

Taylor,

Smiling, Craig, and all the 299D owners can help you with the questions. This amp is a 40 watt a side deal, rather than the 'bout 35 watt a side the 299C is. More tone controls, a scoosh more power, and with a walnut case. The $405 THE lk-72b went for was almost obscene. That was crazy money for something that needs a rebuild, or at least a thorough sorting.