leslie

dsc_0002.jpg

The picture above shows the RF-7s, RC-7 and a partly hidden RSW-15

dsc_0003.jpg

The RSW-15 besides the sofa

dsc_0005.jpg

The left RS-7 with the wires hidden in a moulding

dsc_0006.jpg

An SVS-PB2 plus used as an end-table (opposite side of the sofa against the wall is the RSW-15)

dsc_0008.jpg

The partly hidden SVS-PB2 plus at the corner of the 2 sofas and the right RS-7 above

dsc_0009.jpg

A close-up picture of the RC-7 with a custom-made grill

dsc_0010.jpg

The RC-7, custom-grill off. The speaker is angled down.

Not shown is a pair of Klipsch RCR-5 in-ceiling surround back (6 and 7th channel).

The rest of the equipment includes:

Pioneer 45tx - receiver

Denon DVD1600

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=www.nikon-image.com/jpn/news/info/img/b-nikon.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.nikon-image.com/jpn/news/info/b-nikon.htm&h=270&w=330&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dnikon%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26sa%3DG' target=_blank>

I hope that planter on your SVS is as heavy as it looks; otherwise, I fear for its structural integrity 2.gif

The only odd thing I noticed was that your RS7's are way higher than the Dolby Digital specification for surround placement... I've always read the "two feet above the ears" instruction for placing surrounds, unless they're angled downward; you look to have yours about twice that high (unless you and yours are about 8 feet tall 1.gif ).

Otherwise, I bet it all sounds great; definitely no lack of bass...

I was thinking of putting my sub in the same place,in the corner formed by the couches. Do you think this affects the sound in a negative manner? I only have one sub so it's either there or up in front by the mains.What would be better? Thanks and congradulations on a nice room...Sid

I really like how you covered the speaker wire (going to the RS-7's)with the molding. It blends very well.

I'm in the same ballpark though as the other comment.....How do they sound being up so high? Can you hear them well? Are there any issues with them being so close to the ceiling?

Thanks to all your nice comments.

With regards to the height of the RS-7s, its about 6.75 ft. high. Originally it was installed about a 1.5 feet lower than that but it was a distracting sight. With regards to sound comparison, my ear doesn't hear significant difference between the two heights. Even though the RS-7S are higher, the effects are still very clear and seems to be even less directional.

The planter that I put above the PB2+ is not really as heavy as it looks, just enough weight to keep it from tipping over.

The PB2+ in the corner sounds great and blends well with the rest of the system. It also supplements to the pair of ButtKickers I installed in my couches.

The right RF-7 being close the side wall, surprisingly, hasn't really giving me any problems (need to set as Small). However, I noticed some problems when I set them up as Large.

My cabinets are all custom-made, including the sofa table near my PB2+. They are all made of maple, in natural finish. First I bought my 65" wide-screen HDTV and Klipsch speakers, designed a cabinet around them, then contacted a contractor to build them.

That is amazing! You have braging rights on this forum, that is for sure... I couldn;t wait until my HT was complete in my basement to post pics, but I don't know if I want to post the pics now!

Too bad you couldn't center the TV on the wall and have room for the speakers cemectrically on each side. (Sorry, I am a cemetricist... is that a word? I like balance!) I also noticed the Surrounds up kinda high.

Looks amazing and I am sure it sounds amazing too!

Great job!

Steve

Symmetrically is the word . . .

I had the same concern as Onmedic about the right speaker being so far off the screen compared to the left. However, I have my RS35's mounted just below the crown moulding (8' ceiling) exactly like Leslie has her RS7's, and haven't experienced any negative effects. In my case, the left surround is mounted over an opening (to the bar) in the wall, and the right surround is mounted over the doorway for a glass door. So I really didn't have any choice but to mount them somewhat high.

I took some pictures of my system (less surrounds) this past weekend. I will post them in a thread similar to this one shortly.

Dave

----------------

On 1/20/2004 11:53:19 AM OnMedic wrote:

That is amazing! You have braging rights on this forum, that is for sure... I couldn;t wait until my HT was complete in my basement to post pics, but I don't know if I want to post the pics now!

Too bad you couldn't center the TV on the wall and have room for the speakers cemectrically on each side. (Sorry, I am a cemetricist... is that a word? I like balance!) I also noticed the Surrounds up kinda high.

Looks amazing and I am sure it sounds amazing too!

Great job!

Steve

----------------

It appears the TV was put there to be center with her viewing area as you can see in the 4th pic. Only if that gorgeous fireplace was a little more to the left, then maybe she could move that speaker over and balance the front sound stage. Oh well, I would probably choose my fireplace over the sound too if it looked that well. The ever-going sacrifices we make for aesthetics.

Leslie, I love what you have done with the place. Looks like a lot of hard work. I bet it sounds wonderful too... 3.gif