La Scala's

vinnie2

Ebay seems to go in cycles on LaScalas and other Heritage speakers. For some months there were 6 or 8 pairs up for auction any given week and it was a buyers market. A little more lean lately, but they'll be out there. There seem to be a number that pop up in the Atlanta area.

I have also heard some people speak of good enough shipping prices with Air Forward, that it made me think it was worth consideration. Heck of alot better prices than Craters and Freighters.

Good luck on your search. I own a pair of La Scala's that I purchased new back in 1982 after seeing a demonstration that Mr. Paul Klipsch put on. I'll never forget him saying, "What the world needs now is a good 5 watt amplifier." I have never had any problems with them and continue to use them daily.

I had mine on eBay with an opening bid of $900 and a BIN for $1K which I thought was fair. The auction ended with no bidders, a guy contacted me from Iowa so I offered them to him for the $900 he drove 21 hours each way to pick them up and take them back to Dubuque, IA. He was very pleased and totally blown away by their sound. He was using Heresy's with KSW-12's, the dedication of Klipsch Heritage fans blows me away. Keep searching but don't be afraid of some traveling to get a pair. I myself traveled 5-6 hours each way for my K-Horns.

I have three pairs of La Scala's in my shop just waiting to be refinished. My plan is to offer them with exotic hardwood veneer, custom grills on the top horns, and custom grills on the bass horn (like the Belle). They will be like new cosmetically when I'm finished. Some might say better than new since you can't get the type of exotic veneers on factory LS's that I plan to use, nor do you see grills on the bass bins. I also plan to brace the bass bins, and perhaps a crossover upgrade from the AA's to ALK's. These have your choice of the heavy duty K43 woofer, or the standard K33's. Alnico K-55-V mid drivers and K-77 tweets.

If you'd like to see some of my work please click here.

Or here.

I'm in Maine and would be willing to crate and deliver them to Forward Air in Boston, or simply meet you half way from N.C. to exchange.

Please let me know if you're interested as I don't check the posts on this part of the forum that often.

Please email me garoberts@earthlink.net

Greg

klipsch fan's, I'm the crazy guy from Iowa that drove to VT for this pair of AWESOME KICK ME IN THE HEART PAIR OF LASCALA'S. I thougth my set-up with (BABY) heritage II Heresey's, powered by the big Adcom 5800 amp. And a couple of KSW200's under my Heresey's were the ****. WOW!!!, I WAS WRONG!!!, The Lascala's have a sound that you can't believe until you actually hear for yourself. Since getting the speakers home I have fabricated a pair of stand's to raise the Lascala's just high enough to clear the each KSW200's. This is Ideal for the horns to reach there max. potential. It clears all the furniture and lets the horns do what they do the best. MAKE YOUR EARS BLEED!!! AND YOUR HEART SKIP A BEAT!!! YEAH!!! I made the stands out of 1/4" thick hot rolled steel plate 23 1/2" X 24 1/2" top and bottom, And 1/4" thick 3" X 3" angle on all 4 corners I will let all know how the stands work for sound on the subs and the lascala's raised off the floor. I've got the stands in the paint shop to be painted jet black to match the KSW200's. After I get the project completed I will inform on the sound and send pix's in for your viewing pleasure. P.S. Charles, I'm very pleased with my purchase. For a 26 years old pair of speakers, I think the sound is as good as day one. I would drive another 2600 miles in 42 hours.(My cousin Lance help me drive to and from VT. Without his help this would not have happened. THANK YOU CUZ) For the hearing of a life time. Of coarse the next trip is going to be for K-HORNS. I have other plans for my system. It will include a Adcom surround sound prossesor. A Heresey center channel. (Looking to buy a single Heresey. Anybody out there. 563-556-7558 ask for Don) And my old pair of Heresey II's for the rear channels. I also plan to cover the bass opening of the Lascala with the same black material used on my Heresey's. Thanks again Charles for the info where to buy the same fabric as on my Heresy II's. Klipsch fans I'll stay in touch. ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU CHARLES FOR ALL THE INFO. D62Chevyllnova@aol.com

Hey Vinnie2,

Since you're looking for LaScala's, I'm not sure what I can find. However, I am posting a Klipsch LaScala horn connector plate and a crossover Type AA on e-bay starting 1.22.04. Pricing for the horn plate is $49 and the crossover is $69. Good luck with your search. If I find anything else I'll let you know.

Jeremy D