Shorthorn booted from 2 channel

sheltie dave

Since I can't post in 2 channel, thought I'd stroll over here to post this little question. I was out shopping today, and in my travels I came across the following shorthorn -

SBR 15

tested and inspected on 23 OCT '59

5 panel birch construction

SAHF T35

W5.33

It has been stained and polyurethaned, very pretty, and the original owner still has it! What would the speaker lineup be? I know the woofer will be a 15", or at least I think so. Thanks for your help!

Guest Anonymous

Dave,

soryy I cant hael with the shorthorn question, but what the heck is going on with the 2 channel forum, why can't we post, I thought I was kicked off!!!

Duh duh dunb founded

Looking through the threads, Guy called Paul an idiot in Dean's business proposal survey. Paul started counting, so Guy kept at it. We are all idiots. If we weren't so goofy and lovable buffoons, our wives, girlfriends, and significant others would be long gone. My dad used to say "Son, it took a village of idiots to raise you." I still haven't figured that one out2.gif

Paul and I are tied on the speaker idiot stage, as we each have two Khorns and three Belles. If I pick up this shorthorn, I will outrank him on sheer lunacy due to my "others" herd, but I still have to get one for John if he didn't win the other one in St. Louis earlier this week.

Ask the webmaster if he can put Guy on double secret probation so you won't miss postings on coordinating your get together - I think he'll relent for you13.gif12.gif

I have always loved getting spanked for someone else's misbehavior. I thought at first the 2-channel forum was closed because I was so emotional about Captain Kangaroo.

Oops, just wet my pants!

Dave,

Others can reply perhaps better than I, but you probably saw a model "S", as the model "T" is quite rare. Go to www.hifilit.com, under Klipsch, then 1957, and then pages l, m and n, to see pics and the driver complements.

These came with either a K-Ortho-12 or a K-Ortho-15 driver-crossover system. The 12, with a modified EV SP12B, was good, while the EV 15WK (at around that time) was/is a great woofer in my book. I have no idea if they came with other drivers at various times, but one of those should be the 1959 complement. As you will see from the specs, the "S" bass horn, which really was "short", unloads below about 50 or 60 Hz. I had an "S" for a while, then a "T". Very nice sound, as I recall. Perhaps others will add.

Larry

Fini, was Mr. Greenjeans actually Frank Zappa's papa? I've won a couple hundred $$ in the past twenty years making this bet, but now that I think about it, I'm really not sure. I'd shut down the entire forum in honor of, but the only ones who care are in 2 channel. Go figure...2.gif

I'll send pictures of the shorties - I think this would not be enormously difficult to wrangle for you!

Guest Anonymous

Tom you are the man Ive been tring to post a hearty THANK YOU for a long time now!!!

you went out and bout Toys in the Attic for me?13.gif

Thank you thank you thank you

----------------

On 1/23/2004 4:06:39 PM sheltie dave wrote:

Looking through the threads, Guy called Paul an idiot in Dean's business proposal survey. Paul started counting, so Guy kept at it. We are all idiots. If we weren't so goofy and lovable buffoons, our wives, girlfriends, and significant others would be long gone. My dad used to say "Son, it took a village of idiots to raise you." I still haven't figured that one out2.gif

LOL! I now see why you are scarred for life!9.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/23/2004 4:23:15 PM rf3iicrazy wrote:

Smilin,

I have an original copy on vinyl that sounds O.K., If this is anything like what I have heard coming from this vinyl pressing company (Simply Vinyl), it should be several steps obove the original.

Tom
----------------

Tom at least YOU know how to put a9.gif on Smilin

Guest Anonymous

----------------

dad used to say "Son, it took a village of idiots to raise you." I still haven't figured that one out
2.gif

Dave, maybe he was referring to your RADIOACTIVE lifestyle

2.gif

Fini, don't worry, it wasn't you! It was my post that was last and the doubly sad emoticon caused such a response that the webmasters eyes teared up and he couldn't see who was causing trouble. In this incapacitated state he just banned us all!

AAAhhhhhhhh, IT'S ALL MY FAULT!!!!!

Sorry...

BTW, where are people with Khorns supposed to stand?

Guest Anonymous

I guess you stand at the back og Sorry...

BTW, where are people with Khorns supposed to stand?
----------------

I guess you stand at the back of the line cause you don't own Jubilee's

2.gif2.gif2.gif2.gif2.gif3.gif15.gif

No Dave, I didn't get the Rebel IV. I didn't do something on auction sniper I was supposed to do. That one looked pretty nice, too. Tell us more about this new Shorthorn.

BTW, my mono Heathkit EA-3 is in transit and should be delivered tomorrow!

----------------

Paul and I are tied on the speaker idiot stage, as we each have two Khorns and three Belles. If I pick up this shorthorn, I will outrank him on sheer lunacy due to my "others" herd, but I still have to get one for John if he didn't win the other one in St. Louis earlier this week.

----------------

Ah, but I also own a pair of Heresy IIs and a single Heresy (I). I'm going to try to sell them--locally--though.

What are your "others"?

----------------

On 1/23/2004 4:54:55 PM paulparrot wrote:

----------------

On 1/23/2004 4:10:54 PM fini wrote:

I have always loved getting spanked

----------------

Gee Paul, I didn't realize that you were into M & M.......................................

btw where are you located? (Heresys!)----------------

Two sets of Heresys, one oak and one red mahogany, a single raw birch, and a set TBD for the future treehouse so Fini can hang out.2.gif And please realize, Paul, that any time I call you or others something less than nice, it is not done with malice or evil intent. I'll just be cranky and need a bottle...and Liam won't give me his.

I have too much respect for the vast majority of posters to go Dean Faber's route. Who did the album "Banned in Boston?"1.gif