K-HORN I.D HELP PLEASE

Dale W

JOHN : Your not going to believe the deal i got today !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Came to work early this morning and picked up the local paper on the way, heres a pair of black k-horns listed for $1500.00 canadian , not more than 10 minutes from my house .

phoned the guy right away , grabed some cash and picked them up.

Black with AK-2 networks just like my 1987's . except these ones have fiberglass mid horns and my 87's are cast.

Few scratchs here and there, so i'm at work right now and the k's are apart sanded down and sitting in the paint booth as i'm typing. They are oak underneath, found that out as soon as i sanded thru a few spots.but appear to never been painted unless someone did a hell of a job of it.

Going to spray them in the morning and take them home on sunday.

TO bad lynm could not have waited , i told him i'd find some soon . I don't need these but could'nt pass on the price.

P.s - I'll post a picture once i'm home.

Congratulations! $C1500? You Bum!

Somewhere there is a blemish in the veneer that Klipsch QA could not tolerate. When that happens they get painted by the factory. Mr. Hunter told us a heartbreaking story of some mahoghany K-horns going into a theater for a teeny flaw.

----------------

On 1/23/2004 7:16:39 PM John Albright wrote:

Somewhere there is a blemish in the veneer that Klipsch QA could not tolerate. When that happens they get painted by the factory. Mr. Hunter told us a heartbreaking story of some mahoghany K-horns going into a theater for a teeny flaw.

----------------

These could be just that , the wood looks a little to dark to be oak and a little to tight of a grain structure.

----------------

On 1/23/2004 7:57:36 PM DaddyDee wrote:

Congrats $1500 Canadian??? Man on Manischevitz.

How much would that convert to U.S. Dollars.

Never mind. I don't want to know.
2.gif

----------------

I'm thinking around the $1200.00 range , our dollar is worth about .76 cents to your buck or just say we loss about 25 cents on the dollar would be close.

I'm still in shock !! I can't believe i found these or bought them for that matter. I've watched the paper every week for the past 10 years and this is olny the second pair to come up for sale so close to me.

I'm very intrested to see if there is a difference between the cast and fiberglass horns, i can now put them side by side to test.

JOHN : Were these suppose to be black ??

Does the serial # tell you or not ?

Talk about great luck!! I've been watching the papers for years, and not one Khorn yet, here in eastern Canada. I'm in no rush though... I have purchased all my other heritage locally the same way... and they keep me happy.

Dale are you in the same area (BC) as lynm?

Rob

He's in high river i believe, thats down by calgary and i'm up just a bit north west of edmonton.

Small city called Fort saskatchewan , i live 10 minutes outside of town in a sub-division.

We are the industrial hub of canada , home of such monster plants as dow chemical , agrium , shell , sherritt international and lots more.

This is the place to come if power engineering is your cup of tea.

We make chemicals here that the world does not want to think about , like etholeyne oxide. This is the stuff the american military puts in there cluster-bombs to make them go "BOOOOMMM " .

Natural gas and oil products are refined and broken into there base components here , we are connected via a pipeline to the tarsands at

FT MCMURRAY largest project of it's kind in the world.

how bout you ?

Dale

I couldn't wait ! I'm too farking old to waste any listening time ! I wanted to hear great sound before being consigned to whatever sub-basement of hello that the REAL CHRISTIANS believe in. 9.gif

Thraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaph! 11.gif

That is one hello of a deal - They will be f'ing gorgeous when you have refinished them.

----------------

On 1/23/2004 11:48:21 PM DALE WALKER wrote:

He's in high river i believe, thats down by calgary and i'm up just a bit north west of edmonton.

----------------

I stand corrected... you guys are both in AB! I should have remembered based on the "winter temperature" thread. 2.gif It's a great place to collect old cars, as they seem to be in better shape than what we find around here.

I'm actually on the island of Montreal... just your regular multicultural urban city where stuff just happens. Given the size of the city, it's a surprisingly relaxing place to live. Unfortunately, very few people owned/selling Klipsch Khorns 15.gif

Later...

Rob

PS: before complaining, maybe I should have a room big enough to fit them? Nah...

The main reason so many klipsch speakers are in my area is due to a super strong klipsch foot hold here in the early 80's when the oil patch was booming and guys were spending money like there was no tomorrow.

The one audio dealer was selling pretty much nothing but klipsch, so now there are quite a few lascalas , belles and k-horns come up for sale.

The funny thing about these black 89's is there the first ones i've seen for sale in my home town in 20 years !!!

I'm at the shop right now and have the first coat of black on the k's , should be finished up before lunch time.