Please help picking game console for 4 year old

Ray Garrison

Raise him with the classics... gameboy and NES :P

but it really doesnt matter if you're going to go with a new generation system. They all have games targeted at specific audiences. Though, if you do get an xbox make sure you get the new s-controller, as it would be alot easier for the kid to hold.

My suggestion for you is to look at ALL games for all machines. Which machine has the most games for that age group? I have an XBOX and I must admit there are not that many games that are geard for the young ones. However my 5 year old can kick my butt on the Sponge Bob game.4.gif

I'd say gamecube or gameboy advance??? There are more lower ages oriented(no bloody/killing/heads cut off etc). Lots of partys games that you can play with them on gamecube too(Mario Kart/Parties series). My friend which is girl loves these 2consoles and go ahead with lots of Mario or Yoshi. PS2 and Xbox just higher aged players oriented with more bloody/killing games like Halo/Tekken that all shouldn't be played by kids.

I'd agree. Gamecube for a 4yr. old and save something like an XBOX or PS2 for later, or if you want to use it as well then the Xbox or PS2 might be useful.

XBox and PS2 both have some games that are centered around things for younger children, but they don't have the huge selection that GameCube does. (Mostly because Nintendo owns Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, etc.) all the kid stuff.

Take a look around and see what you think is best... Maybe just get him a Gameboy.

Anything made by Nintendo would probably be the best choice. Some of the older systems would be great too. It seems that the better the graphics are the harder and more complex the game is. Older Game = Easier To Play. I would reccomend Sega Genisis, NES, Gameboy, Nintendo 64, or a Gamecube.

----------------

On 1/27/2004 9:27:32 AM caz1604 wrote:

Or you can get a mod chip for an xbox and install the old SNES Games, you can install like 493 Super Nintendo titles right on your harddrive and still have all the newer games as well.

----------------

Good idea but I think he would rather do something legal.