1972 Khorns,look and sound perfect

lee casler

These old but sweet cornerhorns are walnut. They look and sound great. I live in Davie, Florida near Fort Lauderdale. Come down and get warm,(not that warm lately) and put them in a pickup truck and drive back home. They are in use and you will enjoy seeing and hearing these classics.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fini,

Very cute!2.gif

Does your clock radio's speakers use a common ground? The way to add the outputs if they are separate is use one channel's hot and the others ground this will give you a sum. That is how Scott did the center combined channel on the 299d amps. see schematic:

http://hhscott.com/pdf/fs/299D_2.JPG

Now drive to Florida pick up the Khorns and deliver them to me in Rhode Island.2.gif

Rick

----------------

On 1/25/2004 5:01:51 PM fini wrote:

I'm in California, and would only charge $1/mile (plus gas) to pick them up. Price goes down to free if you successfully answer my "clock radio speaker wiring" question.

----------------

Fini,

You mean my response the other day wasn't adequate? I didn't follow up on the thread but I'm shocked and horrified that I was wrong! Did you figure it out yet?

----------------

On 1/25/2004 5:51:50 PM garymd wrote:

----------------

Fini,

You mean my response the other day wasn't adequate? I didn't follow up on the thread but I'm shocked and horrified that I was wrong! Did you figure it out yet?

----------------

Not yet. I will investigate Rick's suggestion. Geeze, I thought I was going to have to resort to asking in the "Preguntas Técnicas" forum.

Rick, what's your address?9.gif

I'm on the way to Florida from Arkansas to pick up the Khorns. Just to be fair and not sweep these away from other forum folks, I am writing this from an internet cafe in Mobile,Alabama!

Hope I'm headed to the right state and the poster will get online again with his address!

I'm replacing the 12" subwoofer speaker in my clock radio subwoofer unit. The original speaker (a POS) failed, has a single voice coil, and it says 6 ohms on it.

I happen to have a 12" Cerwin Vega dual voice coil subwoofer lying around. Each of the coils on the Cerwin Vega are 4 ohms. How should I hook this up to the clock? Is it OK to hook up just one of the coils? Will that sound OK ? Or is it necessary to hook up both coils in series ? Both in series would be 8 ohms, which is more than the original POS speaker's 6 ohms, but using a single coil would be 4 ohm, which is less. What to do? Any advice?

clockradio1.jpg

Fini, this emoticon is for you to file and save. Kelly will groan.. Use it in good health.

wub.gif

----------------

On 1/25/2004 8:51:29 PM Are Friends Electric wrote:

I'm replacing the 12" subwoofer speaker in my clock radio subwoofer unit. The original speaker (a POS) failed, has a single voice coil, and it says 6 ohms on it.

I happen to have a 12" Cerwin Vega dual voice coil subwoofer lying around. Each of the coils on the Cerwin Vega are 4 ohms. How should I hook this up to the clock? Is it OK to hook up just one of the coils? Will that sound OK ? Or is it necessary to hook up both coils in series ? Both in series would be 8 ohms, which is more than the original POS speaker's 6 ohms, but using a single coil would be 4 ohm, which is less. What to do? Any advice?

Fini, this emoticon is for you to file and save. Kelly will groan.. Use it in good health.

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/wub.gif">

----------------

Are you installing that in your bathroom? Talk about anal retentive...

"<ahttp://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/wub.gif">

Are Friends Electric,

Sounds like you are really hard to get out of bed in the AM. So do this: Go down to the local quarry, get one cap and three sticks, wire the inside of the cap to the positive speaker lead from the clock radio and the negative lead to the body ground, tape the three sticks of TNT together and plact the prewired cap in the middle of the top. Carefully set your clock for the proper wake up time and go to sleep as usual( it may help you sleep if you use earplugs).

This solution is guaranteed to get you out of bed even on a Monday morning!3.gif3.gif3.gif

Rick