Does this mean Klipsch is bad?

Jw_Leonhart

----------------

On 1/29/2004 10:01:13 PM D-MAN wrote:

but Klipsch makes speakers as BAD as BOSE for the same $$.

----------------

I would just like to know which Klipsch speakers are as bad as the Bose at what price points. I spent the better part of a day comparing a set of $1,500 Bose Acousticmass 16s against other speakers. A friggan $300 set of ProMedia's embarresed the Bose. Moving onto the floor-standing. The damn Klipsch SF-1's would embarass the Bose 601 floor-standing speakers (the highest end "traditional" style floor-standers that Bose makes). The SC-1 center puts the Bose VCS-10 center to shame. The SB-1 against the Bose 301 - Puleeze! All around, the Klipsch had much better clarity and detail. The Bose all sounded like as if the music was being played through a wet towel. In all cases - the Klipsch were also cheaper.

Let's lay off those B&W's boys....some people like em' just fine....

I've owned an RF-7 system, Infinity, and my current set up...oddly, I've enjoyed all of them and have never felt the need to question or slander any other speaker, because I know no matter what speaker you throw into a crowd, some people will spit on them, and some will pick them up and take them home...if you love what you have, enjoy it and leave others choices alone so they may love theirs as well...9.gif

One of us should open a Bose Boutique that would allow the "enlightened ones" to trade in their worthless Klipsch Heritage speakers. We could even offer to "dispose" of the outdated and unpopular Klipsch dinosaurs upon delivery of a new Bose system if they weren't up for bringing the trade-ins to us. Maybe we could set up a chain of boutiques across the country to better serve the people!

Problem is, I guess, that people with good Klipsch speakers will always know what they have and will continue to persuade listeners without speaking a single word.

Chris

----------------

On 1/30/2004 12:03:15 AM arthurs wrote:

Let's lay off those B&W's boys....some people like em' just fine....

I've owned an RF-7 system, Infinity, and my current set up...oddly, I've enjoyed all of them and have never felt the need to question or slander any other speaker, because I know no matter what speaker you throw into a crowd, some people will spit on them, and some will pick them up and take them home...if you love what you have, enjoy it and leave others choices alone so they may love theirs as well...
9.gif

----------------

There you go. Thats exactly what Im talking about. Arthur has owned RF-7s and Infinity speakers and at the moment he enjoys what his B&Ws can deliver. He is an educated consumer. He has owned these products, made evaluations based on experience and has made his choices. Even though Klipsch may not be his main speakers of choice in his present set up he has certainly built what appears to be an impressive system by moving up slowly and carefully AND he still participates in intelligent discussions on the Klipsch Forum. Thats why its great to have people like Arthur as regular posters here no matter what speaker they own. He enjoys what he has partly because of the information we all have come to share on the boards in order to make wise decisions based on facts and not on how funny a products 3 million dollar commercial was during the Super Bowl.

On 1/30/2004 8:05:26 AM BBB wrote:

----------------

----------------

There you go. Thats exactly what Im talking about. Arthur has owned RF-7s and Infinity speakers and at the moment he enjoys what his B&Ws can deliver. He is an educated consumer. He has owned these products, made evaluations based on experience and has made his choices. Even though Klipsch may not be his main speakers of choice in his present set up he has certainly built what appears to be an impressive system by moving up slowly and carefully AND he still participates in intelligent discussions on the Klipsch Forum. Thats why its great to have people like Arthur as regular posters here no matter what speaker they own. He enjoys what he has partly because of the information we all have come to share on the boards in order to make wise decisions based on facts and not on how funny a products 3 million dollar commercial was during the Super Bowl.

----------------

Thanks BBB, a very respectful and courteous position to take. And let's be clear, I look at my setup as permanently transitional, and fully intend to own Klipsch systems in the future. I still love and am a huge supporter of the Klipsch lines (my RSW-15 keeps me one toe in the family) I stay on this board because there are great people on it, and I respect the company and it's products...

The review of Bose was fair enough. OTOH, some of the technical discussion didn't seem quite on point.

I'll say that most of Bose is like women's high fashion. You're paying a lot for the name and the design. The underlying structure of the garment is ordinary and often not durable. The Bose components are indeed substandard.

Looking at the advertising budget and the cost of the shops, you just have to suspect that you are paying for those things, rather than sound or good clothing.

If you really, really get off on the style, ease of placement, and size, a purchase could be warranted. However, it just seems dishonest that Bose is sold for sonic performance and style and size. When there are so many sonic shortcomings.

Gil

Perhaps I was a bit harsh.

It's just that I remember Klipsch in the old days when you could not find any of their products in any department store, or the GOOD GUYS, etc.

They used to be "high-end" with the what is now the Heritage series. Now they are low-end (are they in WALMART yet?).

I suppose that its a lament, not a rant.

Nuff said...

DM8.gif

I think some people took what I said wrong. I in no way meant to crack on B&W. That is why I mentioned that the set-up was wrong and configured poorly more than once in 4 sentences :-)

I just meant to point out that I might not know a lot about speakers but Klipsch in my opinion was many many levels above what I listened to. Especially, polk, sony, and bose.

I never saw a point into spending major amounts of money into a system until I listened to "Whipping Post" by the Allman brothers on two RF-35's. :-)

Now look, I am a junior in college and I spend more money on my home theater than I do food and rent combined.

Once again, sorry if you thought I was bashing B&W.

• 3 weeks later...

Let's keep things in context here... This is a Klipch forum. That said, naturally, those of us who have done prodigious amounts of homework and research and listened to several different kinds of music in many different acoustic environments determined that Klipsch makes a damn fine speaker (speaking collectively here). So, the answer to this question then is, "No. Klipsch is not bad."

However, those who may be challenged in certain areas may feel that Bose is better. 6.gif Did I just say that? YUP. I did. Those who know better buy Klipsch. Enough said.