My Hereseys

TBrennan

Well, Klipsch quit making the Cornwall, but still make the Heresy!

The Heresy carries with it an attribute found with most monitor types -- superior imaging over large floorstander types. A large baffle might give a "bigger" sound -- but most monitors just sound less like boxes to me. For whatever reason, the Klipschorn seems to be an exception this rule, and the only thing I can think of is that the bass is not coming from a "box".

----------------

On 1/27/2004 12:25:45 PM DeanG wrote:

Well, Klipsch quit making the Cornwall, but still make the Heresy!

The Heresy carries with it an attribute found with most monitor types -- superior imaging over large floorstander types. A large baffle might give a "bigger" sound -- must monitors just sound less like boxes to me. For whatever reason, the Klipschorn seems to be an exception this rule, and the only thing I can think of is that the bass is not coming from a "box".
----------------

O.K. That makes sense. Once when I was doing an A/B comparison between Cornwall and North American's (a Klipsch inspired and improved clone) I actually could "hear the box" in the Cornwall. Point well taken.

When I listen to the Heresy's I've got set up with an H/K 430 at my wife's house, I'm amazed at how good the dang things sound. We are looking forward to getting our households under one roof again, and all we know is that we'll be doing that in June of 2005. Don't have a clue as to where we'll live. Anyway, it is entirely possible that we'll be in a place that wouldn't acommodate Khorns. If it don't, i ain't gonna worry. As long as I've got a pair of Heresy's, I can live happily ever after. No exaggeration here. Of course, Khorns would be nice to keep, and preferred, but listening to Heresy as an ongoing alternative. Fussing about that is what you'd call a high class problem.

----------------

On 1/27/2004 12:49:57 AM DeanG wrote:

The perfect setup for two channel HT. I thought mine were great for that when I had them, and actually preferred them over the Cornwalls. The sound was definitely more open. Must be that little speaker thing.

Man, you got me itching to hear those KRKs.----------------

You're kidding, right? I have both and there is absolutely no comparison. The CW is a much better sounding speaker to my ears. My opinion only mind you.

Don't get me wrong here. The Heresy is a great speaker for what it is and I love mine. But the CW is one step above sound wise in my personal opinion.

----------------

On 1/27/2004 12:39:14 AM TBrennan wrote:

Here's the Hereseys I bought the other day from Smilin. At first I wasn't sure I liked them but they're growing on me. They don't have as nice a tonal balance as my KRKs but on the other hand they sound more "lively", well you guys know that kind of thing. These have the EV mid so I reckon I won't need a P trap, my buddy "P" who developed the trap was all set to send me a pair.

----------------

Tom,

What EV mid-driver is used in these?

Dave

----------------

On 1/27/2004 1:42:37 PM Manuel Delaflor wrote:

Heresy's alone might sound "less good" than any other Heritage speaker. But a pair of Heresy's with a sub... that's another thing. They can still beat almost EVERYTHING that is in the market right now.

----------------

Have to agree with that. My Heresy's with subs sound better then anything I've heard at an anywhere near sane price.

Dave

1.gif

----------------

On 1/27/2004 9:23:38 AM jkman1 wrote:

The only thing that I am worried about is shipping them and preventing any damage to them, as they are in near-perfect condition. If you have some suggestions, please let me know.

----------------

jkman1,

Don't reinvent the wheel! Why not simply call Klipsch and order a pair of Heresey shipping boxes. To those you can add a 3/4" sheet of styrofoam in front of the grilles at the woofer cones.

Klipsch out.