this is my system

dantfmly

anybody have any sugestions on how What might make it better, without buying spending alot of $(wife). I do want a klf-c7, or any equivalent center. The one i have i have never been satified with, it just can't come close to keeping up with the rest of the speakers. So if anybody knows where i can get a good center for cheap let me know. Please let me know any other sugestions also

----------------

On 1/28/2004 4:13:07 PM dantfmly wrote:

anybody have any sugestions on how What might make it better, without buying spending alot of $(wife). I do want a klf-c7, or any equivalent center. The one i have i have never been satified with, it just can't come close to keeping up with the rest of the speakers. So if anybody knows where i can get a good center for cheap let me know. Please let me know any other sugestions also

----------------

Ebay

----------------

On 1/29/2004 12:29:00 AM heretic wrote:

Nice setup. Your wife is very gracious.
2.gif

Dumb question -- Why do you have the HII's up so high? Nice mounting job, BTW.

----------------

my wife has to very graciuos with it, Notice most of the stuff i bought before 1997. Well i met my wife in 1998. 9.gif The rest of the stuff after i have only gotten because something broke. Or we wanted to rearrange the living room. I had a HK fl8300 cd player before, but i got feed up with it not wanting to read discs unless it was in a good mood, so i went onto ebay and bought a remanufactured fl8380 for under $100 dollars, then there is the surge protector, the other one i had just flat up died, panamax had a trade in program at the time, so i traded for the equivalent new model with a little extra cost, then there is the sub. I used to have 2 AR s12ho, i wanted just one sub, two were getting in the way. I was able to find the mtx sub-15 for $300. It is an $800 sub. It rocks compared to the two i replaced. (to bad i could not find a velodyne ct-150 or cht-15 sub for that price). Right now I looking for stuff to sell in my house so that i can get enough money to buy the klf-c7 center channel. Then i will be set for a while, until i can squeeze my big screen TV out of my wife. It is in the works. 2.gif A 27" tv is just not big enough for being 13' away from it. Theater sound on a tiny tv15.gif

the reason why i have the HII set so high is the fact i have a vaulted celling and it is proprtioned correctly to the wall that way. then i found out when i did that it sounds better that way, with out having them directly pointing at the listening area. Most of the set up is the way it is for lookins, then i tweek for sound after. little movements here and there. My wife keeps asking why i mess with it. 9.gif I guess she will just never understand my fasination.

have to be a little critical here.

using Heresy's for the front effect speaker is overkill.

the rears, what can I say.

rears should be elevated and not so close to the seating area.

MTX for a sub. they are not know for quality speakers.

need a larger screen.

RPTV anyone?

yes i know about the surrounds, being an overkill. it is what happened when i upgraded. I first bought kg 2.2 for a two channel set up, that was not enough went to heresyII then i bought the klipsch 5.5's because the heresy's did not have enough bass. then i bought infinity sm155's sold them for my klf-20's and each time i bought better speakers the lesser ones became my surrounds. i beg to differ about the MTX thing though. I lot of poeple would dissagree with you also.I looked at the reviews be fore i bought it. I'm not saying i would not have loved to have a klipsch rsw-15 sub, but i was extremely limited in funds. i paid only 200 for the sub after my profit on the old subs i sold. Ipaid 300 for an 800 dollar sub brand new, and this sub has great tight bass and will work better then the 2 AR s12ho's i used to have, until i strike it rich and get the house and money to be able to get some Khorns, and go into another league all together. oh man do i need another tv, I'm woirking my wife for that one right now 9.gif, but it looks like that will not happen till the end of this year or begining of next year

yeah i might look into an amp. But i did buy the top of the line yamamha receiver (for the time), and it has more then enough power to push all these speakers. it is 100 X 3 mains and center and 35 X 4 for all the surrounds. The was before yamaha built in the Dolby Digital and made all the channels the same power. This was only the second reciever made to accept Dolby digital, and the went with an external decoder. Which i did not buy theirs i bought the HK one. the way it is i can hear it outside my house. I can not get it to half volume before my ears feel like the are going to bleed it is so loud, but that is when it is in two channel (which is the way i listen to my music). And it is good and clean also. i don't like my movies that loud though.

People that do not have the 2090 Yamaha do not understand the front surrounds. Yamaha did, IMO, a great engineering feat with this. Add today's THX DD DTS, etc., etc., specs met at say 100 WPC all around with a sub out....would be a killer system. The one thing I did always like above the Dennon Units was the 5 channel EQ for the center channel. Boosting the lows and tone down the mids and add a tad more to sizzle on the highs, on my older KV-3 center... Made it sound wonderful. Yamaha's were, and are, a little bright. But in the end it is what YOU like, and matched with horns they really sound great!!

As a past owner of this piece it is wonderful when it is matched well.

Much better on the sig. I would suggest you get a C7 for the center and save that KV-2 for a read surround (down the road). I would also look into making some custom speakers (using Klipsch parts -- see the links in my sig) for the front surrounds. Then take those big Heresys and use them elsewhere is a good 2-channel setup.

all i have to say is holy crap. While my klf-20's are out of comiision waiting for parts, i hooked up my heresy II's as the mains, which i have not done in years. Oh my god!! do they sound so good now that i have a sub to go with them. screw the legend series i want heritage series. damn do i wish i had awhole lot of money15.gif . i would buy me some khorns right now. The heresy II are so much smoother softer sound.not as harsh as the klf-20. the also seem to have better sound stage, and more life like. i fogot just how good they sound. Such sweet music to my ears. maybe a complete heresy II system. 9.gif

update. i am selling my Kg 5.5's and my kv-2 center channel on ebay, and I am moving my heresy II's to the rear surrounds. no more front surrounds. 15.gif I am trying to buy a klf-c7 center channel on ebay. 9.gif I am also selling my two tape decks. recorded all my tapes to CD no need for tape decks anymore. will have pictures when it is done.