Loose Magnet on woofer how to fix ?

NOSValves

My new Chorus speakers have a loose magnet on one woofer and it rattles. This may have happened on the ride home who knows! This magnet can only be separated from the metal cage by a very small margin. What is the trick to repair it ? I was told epoxy will do the trick but how the heck do I apply it ? I bet I can only get about a 30 thousands gap......

Thanks Craig

How's the magnet attached to the basket?

Are you saying the gap is between the magnet and the basket?

Is it physically loose?

Maybe use a syringe of some sort to get the Epoxy down in-between the magnet and basket, and pack some weight on top. I dunno....

Did you get Chorus II's one just Chorus's?

I liked my Chorus II's, though the Cornwalls keep me just as happy.

Craig, Mike is right, the corpsmen used 10" long square needles to give us the penicillan shots in the *** back in the Navy. For those who complained, they had a fifteen incher! A hospital supply place will have all you need, 'bout four should work the the woofer that escaped the Bataan Death Mach2.gif

Craig----1. Insert a steel wedge between the basket and magnet plate.

2. Strike the wedge with a 4lb. beater.

3. You now have the world's largest refrigerator magnet, which is all the driver is good for. :-)

4. Call Klipsch parts and get a new driver.

Seriously Craig, even if you glue the magnet I doubt you can realign the gap correctly without doing a total rebuild of the driver, probably easier to get a new one. Is the driver working now without making a rubbing sound?

hi,does the woofer play now?,if not you can tap it with a rubber hammer to push over the magnet .if as you say the woofer has pins all you need to do is get something hard and thin to push up the magnet ,use three of something to bring up the magnet even for you will been the voice voil if that happe,s it,s over for that woofer.there is place you can take that woofer to to be reconed for less a new one by far. the phone is 238 2772 in flint ask for dave.i hope this helped some......

jazzmansound2.gif