Who's got " craigs " kids ?

Dale W

Guest Anonymous

I have a couple of newborns, a scott 272, to make it sound it's best, it had a baby of its own, the sony cdpXA777ES, now its singing with the corns, Ill try its other baby bro the scott 233 later this weekend2.gif Thanks craig3.gif

NOW GET BACK TO WORK

the babies miss there parents, you NEED to get momma QS#1 and DADA QS#2 working right cause the kids are lonely12.gif

Smilin with NOSValves but missing the P's10.gif

----------------

On 1/30/2004 12:54:20 AM Piranha wrote:

What kind of preamp is that Dale and how do you like it?

Thanks,

----------------

That solid chunk of walnut is the brainchild of another board member JFL or painfull reality , 6SN7 tube rectified pre-amp .

I love mine and chris robinson also has one with further mods than mine has.

Ive got a 299a ala Craig running in my bedroom right now driving a pair of Wharfedale W70s .( I think its an "a" but given Kellys recent postings - how can you tell) It is a marvelous sounding amp. I recently acquired a Cary SLI 80 ( a pretty expensive 80 watt KT88 based integrated amp) in a trade and to my ears the Scott is a finer sounding unit. Accordingly, I am keeping the Scott"whatever" and selling the Cary.

josh

Listen up everybody!

Craig does not do tuners.

That means...

- no transistor radios from the 1960s

- no tube tuners from Grandmas console HIFI

- No classic SS analog Yamies or Kenwoodies

- no digital (oh how I fear that word; it makes me "jittery") tuners in your Sony boom box

- or powered antenas for that matter

I hope this is clear.

Another public service anouncement from...

Audio Flynn

Craig was just a sperm donor for my 299C.6.gif Of course he had to give me instructions on inserting the little buggers. But, the baby turned out fine and glows with a nice pink radiance.2.gif

Rick

Edit: If he was a sperm donor, doesn't that mean he killed a kitten? I'm calling PETA!

I just recieved my 299-C that was rebuilt by Craig with all the bells and whistles. He replaced all the cans and pots and pans with all the goodies, mind you this amp isnt even close to breaking in yet. He called me and we walked through it together setting it all up and he gave me tips and tricks on taking care of the amp and what to watch out for.

I popped in some Phil Colins normal cd and OMG!!! the bass is so rich and lively and tight with my RF-7's, the volume is at 4 which is a notch before the middle mark and that is setting the bass on both channel A and B at +1 which is one notch over from the middle setting and loudness is off, there are still 5 more notches to go on the bass and those just shake my walls6.gif The voices and instruments are so lively and rich, very warm and smooth. I played Charles Mingus SACD jazz from my Marantz and it feels like he is in the room, all my classical sounds very good as well. The auricaps and tubes still need to break in and it will even get better and better as time goes on, i cant wait!! Im a happy camper for sure10.gif

Im also going to send my crossovers from my RF-7's to Dean G for a complete upgrade to all the latest goodies, so stay tuned for that when i get them back and demo them.13.gif

----------------

On 1/30/2004 11:36:46 PM NOSValves wrote:

Erfan,

I hate to say but we all told you so !! In all actuallity the 299C/LK72 is right up there as my favortire Scott amp ! The 299B and 299C are hard for me to choose between. Break that baby in you haven't heard anything yet !!

Craig

----------------

Oh yeah, so far it sounds really nice. The bass is so thick and the sound is spatial and more 3d sounding10.gif Thanks alot!!