Scott/Eico Screw Terminal Strips!!!

jorjen

Don't know if anyone cares but just in case you need these and have not been able to find them. My 299 has a broken speaker screw terminal strip so I thought piece of cake, I will find some on the web or buy some locally. Yeah right! I searched the web for two days and came up empty. Then yesterday I got the new Mouser Electronics Catalog in the mail and guess what I found on page 799? HooYaa! I am one happy guy now. The five screw strip is the exact replacement mounting hole wise(2.63" center to center), sweet! Now all I have to do is find those little rivets they used to attach them to the chassis. Ah what the Hell, lookin' for this stuff is half the fun.2.gif

Mike,

Unfortunately, I am one of those anal types that like everything as original as possible. They drilled out nicely, I kept the mini lock washers on the interior chassis side. If I cannot find the small rivets, by gosh I will die tryin' 2.gif .

Jorden,

Good work !! Its hard to believe I buy from Mouser all the time and have never seen them in the catalog. Is this a new product ? The only problem you will have with the rivots is finding some that do not have a hole in the exposed end. I'm not a hound like you but if you find some pick me up a few hundred or point me to your sniffed out source 2.gif

Craig

Craig,

They are made by Keystone, so I would have to think Mouser has had them all along. I think they have carried Keystone stuff for awhile. I would not imagine them being new to Keystone either. Without that darn printed catalog no one could ever possibly be familiar with all Mousers products as their inventory is unbelievably HUGE! And yes, I will absolutely shoot you a bucket full of the rivets when not if I find them2.gif

I'm interested in those small rivets too. I looked around some when I was checking into producing an Eico clone, didn't find much. Thety're really dinky, like 1/8" shank with 3/16" head or something. I even googled around some, didn't find much.

If doing nuts and bolts, look for stainless button head Allen head bolts in #4 or #6. There's a nut and bolt guy with a huge selection about 10 miles from me. He sells the stuff by the pound! He has an unbelieveable selection of stuff.

See what you guys think of this in 3/32 or 1/8. This is one of several I am looking at. I cannot find my calipers(i'll check with my 10 year old after school, I bet he knows where they are2.gif)so I cannot verify their specs, but it looks close. Could not figure out the link thing so you will have to do some typin'.

http://www.rivetsinstock.com/rivet17.htm