When is RF-7 Going to be replaced?

norcuron

----------------

On 1/30/2004 9:08:01 PM norcuron wrote:

I was wondering if the RF-7 has been around since 2001, when is the next model going to be released....Anyone heard anything? I was very impressed as you can tell by my other post, but am curious as to next model...

mark

----------------

Hush damn you! Don't you know what will happen to my ego when a bigger better set of speakers come out? 9.gif

----------------

On 1/31/2004 1:12:11 PM m00n wrote:

----------------

On 1/30/2004 9:08:01 PM norcuron wrote:

I was wondering if the RF-7 has been around since 2001, when is the next model going to be released....Anyone heard anything? I was very impressed as you can tell by my other post, but am curious as to next model...

mark

----------------

Hush damn you! Don't you know what will happen to my ego when a bigger better set of speakers come out?
9.gif

----------------

I second that thought. I'm still working on replacing my amp, preamp and sub. Don't even want to think about new speakers yet!2.gif

I saw a pic of the Reference Premier on this site and it looked more like an RF-35 or RF-5 than an RF-7. Does anyone know if the Premier line will actually be produced and if so, if that line will be replacing any of the current products or adding to them?

David

----------------

On 2/4/2004 10:43:16 AM dkp wrote:

Does anyone know if the Premier line will actually be produced and if so, if that line will be replacing any of the current products or adding to them?

David

----------------

From what I understand, that Reference Premier speaker pictured was more of a "proof of concept" than an actual shipping product, much like how auto manufacturers make "concept cars". Notice the thing is not even hooked up. It probably does not even have a working cross-over yet. I honostly don't think we will be seeing any Reference Premier speakers for a couple of years yet. Also, I did not see anything in the Newscenter section of this website announcing the Reference Premier line. The one article about CES does not make any mention of the Reference Premier, only thier new THX setups (including that HTiB type thing), and those new wall-mounted satellites that are supposed to go with the new wall-mounted TV's such as the Plasmas.

I have a feeling the RF-7s will be around for a little bit longer.