Neo33-The red pill or blue pill

jhawk92

I actually didnt think he had much exposure to the Tjoeb and/or Heart players. Did he do a comparison with the Tjoeb and Heart? I know he likes the Jolida JD-100a a lot. I didnt agree with his take on the Rega as it differed from my own personal experience but have NOT heard the tube out Jolida (I have heard the Tjoeb 99 at length). I know he would recommend the JD-100a though.

kh

Hawk,

Got your email. The Tjoeb is a great sounding player, just seems to add another element of warmth to my system in the same way vinyl does when compared to ss players. although vinyl is still my first love!

Its very musical & involving to my ears. It draws you in for a great listening session that is non fatiguing. On some old cd's there seems to be this element of wierdness to the music, the newer stuff shines in its presentation. I have a fully upgraded unit with the upsampler and for $1200.00 I have no desire to upgrade this unit any time soon.

Tom

Tom-

Thanks for your reply. I need to call Kevin over at Upscale and ping him with questions. Did you have the stock unit before upgrading, or did you go "whole hog" right off the bat? But good to know that once it's tricked out, there is no need to upgrade. That would be a nice feeling; not having the desire to upgrade.

I feel that way with my K-horns. Granted, there may be some tweaking in my future; replace K-400 horns with K-401s, build my own Type A networks, etc. But I have no desire to replace the speakers. I feel the same way with the 299B, so if I could find a CD player I am happy with, then things could be pretty well set on the 2-ch side, which would be great, since I'm probably going to be spending some $$ on finishing the basement for the HT, and may be upgrading components there.

Frankly, I'd take both pills.

Hawk, sorry I have never heard neither the Heart nor the AH so I cannot comment on them. But if you want an inexpensive analog sounding alternative to vinyl, I do recommend the Jolida JD-100A.

PS. Sorry, I had problem with my email provider and lost some emails. Not sure if your was one.

Neo-

Thanks for the info. As mentioned above, I was getting all my tubed CD players confused while reading all your posts, which by the way, are very well done. Keep up the good work. Looks like your email provider ate my emails, but no worries, got the info here in the open. Thanks.