RSW-12 Dead???

burtlively

There have been a number of RSW subs failing lately, a week or so ago someone here had an RSW-15 dead right out of the box. Klipsch better get there QC issues squared away real soon especially for what you pay for those things. My KSW-15 was a piece of junk and certainly turned me off to Klipsch subs, it was not cheap either. For this reason I did not even consider a Klipsch sub for my system even though I truly wanted to keep it all "Klipsch."

Guest klipschomatic

Their are a lot of people that come to this board specifically after having a problem that would have never posted if they hadn't so don't jump to any conclusions. The several other thousand with functioning subs don't come on here and post about their subwoofer working.

Fuses don't always appear to be blown when they actually are. You might replace it anyway. I would also verify the connection and that your receiver has the Subwoofer setting to "yes" and the front speakers are set to small, since maybe one of those settings got changed accidentally or lost from a power blip. Otherwise I would call 1-800 Klipsch for tech support to see if they have any suggestions.

Frzninvt,

Lets not jump to conclusions so fast,YES the KSW line is overpriced and I too would call it JUNK.By the way RSW subs are of great quality and I have three RSW10,12 and 15.And none failed or had any problems,and I push them hard sometimes.

And it is true to say often people who have problems will post and complain,its normal.No news good news is true also,most RSW owners have no problems and they far outnumber the owners with problems.

Back on topic,if the LED is lit and you get no sound I would call Klipsch.Make sure the volume gain is halfway,sub is in ALWAYS ON(not off or AUTO)and signal gets to the sub.

its been a week and a few hundred dollars, but i have determined my b&k has a dead subwoofer out. by the way, both klipsch and b&k customer service have gone out of their way to help. bought a low to mid level yammy (rsv-730) w/preamp outs to fill in while the b&k is in the shop. what a HUGE difference in sound quality. i'll probably NEVER stray from separates. WOW!