I'm sorry but, MTV Gets a BIG, FAT "F" for that half-time show!

picky

Wasn't that was one heck of a great football game yesterday? We had about 12 people over to enjoy the game in our new theater for the first time. I guess you could say that SuperBowl Sunday was our theater's Big Premiere! I have only about a month's more work and it will be completely done! 3.gif It's about time too, as we've been at work on it since August of 2002.

I must admit that the quality of the high definition picture on CBS made the game that much more enjoyable to watch, and that says a lot because I am not really a football fan. But, I do respect the game and the players.

I am not one who normally whines about things I see on TV. Having done road shows for a band many years ago as a sound engineer, I know what it is like to set up a stage on the road and that the halftime show has literally only "seconds" to get their stage ready. But, that has been true for EVERY Super Bpwl halftime show and many of them in the past have been quite impressive to watch and to listen too. However, the quality of this XXXVIII halftime show was terrible! I am not speaking in terms of the performers, which in itself, is another story. I am talking about the video quality and the sound was awful!! 14.gif The audio feed was constantly breaking up, and it sounded VERY thin and there was no bottom end at all. At first, I thought something went wrong with my system. So, I ran upstairs and our freinds watching it up there said the same thing was happening. What a disappointment! Then today, I found out that MTV was responsible for producing the halftime show. Well, with all due respect to MTV, I am giving you a big, fat grade "F" for your awful technical representation of the show. Let's hope whomever produces next year's show knows what they are doing. I guess that's why may name is Picky! 9.gif

----------------

On 2/2/2004 1:03:29 PM picky-picky wrote:

Wasn't that was one heck of a great football game yesterday?

----------------

Yes, that was one heck of a football game, but what was with all the penalties that the Panther's racked up?

You are also right about the half-time show. In my opinion, it just plained sucked! I ended up flipping my TV to one of the Music Choice channels with the picture-in-picture feature, and put the half-time show in a small window in the corner, muted. Lord, I hope MTV never does produce another half-time show for the SuperBowl (or for any football game, for that matter).

Also pretty sad that a one-second boob-shot is getting more press than the Patriot's very narrow win. Overall, if the game itself had not been as exciting as it was (i.e. a blow-out, for example), probably would've just turned it off and put a movie on or something.

I enjoyed the pregame show with Aerosmith, love their music but I didn't think Steven Tyler could get any uglier but I was wrong, LOL. I heard one of the announcers say right before half-time he wished they would bring Aerosmith back out instead of the lineup they had coming out. The half-time show really sucked. With P-Dumpy scratching himself and Kid-Rump trying to act like he can perform, it was a total turnoff. I thought Beyonce did a nice job of the anthem. I'm not a huge Football fan either but when you work a couple of blocks from the Panthers stadium it's hard not to get into it.

Grateful

No doubt, among the best SB games ever. Half time show was just plain sad.

I laughed my butt off at the Bud commercials. That was some quality TV for sure.

BTW, last year there was a place on the internet where one could see replays on the commercials. Is there one out there this yeaR?

----------------

On 2/2/2004 1:53:09 PM garymd wrote:

Steven,

You've got mail.

----------------

You got a reply in PM.

Anyway, about that little "incident" during the half-time show. I did not catch that during the actual show, most likely because I was not really paying attantion to it, and also I was on the phone with one of my friends during most of the half-time, thus not really watching the TV.

I did see a replay of the incident during lunch on CNN on one of the TV's at the chow hall on base where I work. What was funnier is the reaction that I've been seein in the press about the whole thiing! Geez, it was a friggan one-second, if that, shot, and I am willing to bet it was an accident (you see the look on Janet's Jackon's face?). With some the reaction I've been seeing in the press, I wonder if some of those people have never seen a pair of t1ts on TV before (I'll admit that was the first time I recall seeing any during a Super Bowl half-time show, though 11.gif)! Some of the crap I've seen on TV lately makes that little incident look like nothing! Of course, go to Europe and you'll see a lot more than just a little shot.

With boobs or not, that half-time show still sucked royally. You call that "music?". No friggan wonder people are buying less records, and I am willing to bet it has nothing to do with people downloading MP3s off the internet. I am also willing to bet it is due to them putting crap like what I had the displeasure of "hearing" last night (until I muted it out and went and listed to the power-rock Music Choice channel).

Two years ago, the one with U2 was pretty darn good, though.

ALSO TO ADD:

Check out what the Commissioner of the NFL has to say about the half-time show!

And I quote:

"We were extremely disappointed by the MTV-produced halftime show. It was totally inconsistent with assurances our office was given about the content of the show."

The way I interprete that, even the friggan Commissioner of the NFL thought it sucked!