Hey guys, Did I get a good deal?

Johnny dB

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 2/7/2004 7:46:59 PM Johnny dB wrote:

Not that I need another integrated tube amp, but...

I just scored a Scott 272 off ebay. Check it out:

Does anyone know of a source for these knobs?

----------------

Johnny, Great deal, I got mine for 500 with shipping and had it sent to NOSValves for a rebuild, It's, awesome!!!3.gif

----------------

On 2/7/2004 7:56:40 PM Johnny dB wrote:

Dave thanks. I'll be emailing Gary shortly. The BIN price was $350.

Are you still interested in a grill swap or are you holding out for canes?

I can post close ups if you're still interested.

----------------

Johnny,

Send me a pm. I don't know when I'll be seeing my knob guy but I'll put yours on the list with everyone elses and do the best I can.

Guest Anonymous

Johnny,

I am real new to tubes, I ahve only heard the 233 by scott, the mac 240, Craigs homebrew, and my pair of quicksilvers that Craig is going to work on. IMHO the 272 rocks3.gif I am still thinking of the 296 though11.gif

Gary, I just emailed you. If he doesn't have this particular one, I'll just replace them all. I don't really care as long as they match. I'm actually a little partial to the 299B knobs. I'm in no hurry as this will probably be a 6 weeks before I get it. Craig is mucho busy!2.gif

John, you got it right on waiting for cane cloth. I have a set of brown on the light oaks upstairs, and tried them out with the mahogany, but they didn't really stand out. Our DSL gets squirrely a fair amount with these ice storms and drops all the messages I try to send out selectively.7.gif

I don't have a good handle on what actually does make it out. Our son is getting into Round Two of teeth coming in, so the day starts at three am. Ugh... That was a steal for the 272. Your karma is going pretty good right now!