RSW 15 or svs pb2+?

Jay481985

I'm looking forward to getting a complete home system. I think i want the rf7 which online cost as complete set 2600 without the rsw 15, I was wondering if online is safe cause they said they will honor the warantee and what would be a good estimate on a set of rf7 at a authorized store two towers a center and the surround, no i cannot afford surrounds being the rf7 like THEEAR 14.gif but i was wondering rsw 15 or svs pb2+ as they fall around the same price? I want the svs for the deep punch but now i been hearing rsw 15 has punch according to new tests. What would be your decision. and what type of reciever also is good i was looking for the denon 3803.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own an RSW-15 and it really kicks ***!! When I listen to Linkin Park on DVD Audio I'm always

afraid that the walls in my living room are going to come crumbling down. I haven't had the

privledge of auditioning an SVS sub, but the way the guys here talk about them I sure would

like to. I have to agree with RICKB though on the toughness issue. The RSW-15 is a giant square

box (it could double as a coffee table) and whenever I have lots of people over I am constantly

paranoid that somebody is going nick or scratch the beautiful real wood veneer. The SVS stands

upright and takes up way less space. I think in your case the SVS is a better choice.

I wasn't talking about the way they sound. Soundwise you would be happy with either one. They are both great subs.

I was talking about durability. If someone spilled beer or puked on a PB2+ it wouldn't do much damage. But as nice looking as an RSW-15 is I would be too paranoid some drunk would spill something on it or just have to touch the pretty woofer.

I just came to the same question a month ago....

My signature won't move to multiple lines for some reason, but if you read it It says March 6th for my RSW-15 :-)

I am So Excited!!!! I heard so so many good things about SVS it was a tough choice. I heard the SVS was much better for movies and got much deeper and a much bigger punch. But, I also heard the RSW-15 was better for music and very clear.

Granted I never listened to a SVS :-( so all my opinions take with a grain of salt, I am sure if anyone knows which is better its TheEar :-)

But, another big kicker was the Cherry color..... Got to match the rest of my system. Plus the cherry is so pretty. The other kicker was I can't and won't be able to demo a SVS... although I know everyone on here knows more than me.... I like to hear stuff before I buy it. Same reason I own a Denon instead of Harmon Kardon.

I don't think you will be dissapointed with either product based on everything I have read.

Correct me if I am wrong......... anyone

Sorry if I bust some bubbles. I don't know how much I'm allowed to say on a Klipsch forum. I guess I'll find out.

I've demo'd both (and you can tell by my signature what I went with).

Unfortunately, it was a night and day difference. The SVS PB2+ is hands down the beast of these two. I think a previous poster (masterT) to this thread has the cylinder mixed up with the box SVS versions. The PB2+ is larger than the RSW 15 with a bigger footprint. The output and low end of the SVS is almost unbelievable. It just doesn't stop. It truly (no exaggeration) tests the structural integrity of my house. I'm quite sure I can shatter the glass on my end table clear across the room. If I want to crank it up I have to remove the glass top or it would break. Watching movies at reference plus levels shake my teeth and eyeballs so that the screen is hard to watch. I mean no disrespect in this statement, but there is really no comparison between these two.

Also, don't forget the clarity; it really sounds like it isn't even there. It's just an extension of my mains.

But don't take this the wrong way. It's not like it's really a fair fight to begin with. The enclosure is larger, both woofers are active, and the amp is much larger with (I think) over 3000 watts dynamic going to the drivers. Klipsch makes a wonderful product (as you can see all the rest of my speakers are Klipsch and I love them). But as far as subs go, those SVS guys just make an out-of-this-world product for a very cheap price. If you can demo a PB2+ you won't believe your ears.2.gif You'll see what I mean.