Tom Brennan - Altec VOTT

sheltie dave

I just picked up a pair of working Altec VOTT with H811B horns, 806A drivers, 416 woofers, and an N800 crossover network. Definitely a PA set of A7s. How good are these and what value range am I looking at? How do they compare to the La Scalas? I'll be posting photos tomorrow..thanks!

The altec stuff is less expensive where it was the most popular ( west coast ) just because there seem to be more used stuff around.

I've seen some real good and some real ugly prices in the east .

Loaded does have a point and there are some decent guys on the altec sites.

TBrennan will likly chime in sometime, sure he'll want to know all about the drivers. ( this is the important part .lol ) Find some of those old hollywood drivers and there worth there weight in gold.

Just gut 'em and send me the drivers Dave.2.gif

Everytime I go to the local High School's old gym, I stand there and drool all over the floor.

All Altec from the mid-seventies, a pair of studio monitors, two bass bins and around eight or ten horns about the ceiling.(There is at least a pair of 811 horns up there with other types.)

All unhooked, just gathering dust.

Whenever they ditch them, I hope they don't go to the EWU silent auction joint, that would be a insane frenzy.

MIke,

Make the school an offer to clean up the looks of the place, to take it all down for them. They might even pay you to do that.

The school probably has scaffolding that can be set up. You probably can't do it by yourself, but could have some friends, er, company, come and do it.

Marvel

Mike, I shot the sh_t with the school principal, and he asked me if I could come out to have a look-see. The day I was to do such, we had that snowstorm. He was concerned they would represent a safety hazard, and I provided no reassurance that one of them would not fall and strike a poor volleyball or basketball player at any moment.6.gif

If I knew they were Altecs, they would be sitting in you living room as we speak. I think the local rental place has a manlift that would be perfect for that job. You would have everything down in fifteen minutes IF you go up and down in the same travel path. I can do Chicago, but your neck of the woods must wait til April2.gif

I have everything going except one woofer - my audio engineer friend is stopping by tomorrow morning to look at the barn fine. He is already swearing, because I told him where the ad was in the bargain bin9.gif

I've Emailed to a school adminstrator a couple years ago about it.

He said that in the event that they get rid of them that other schools have dibs on them first.

If no other schools want them, then they go for private sale.

If they end up in that silent auction, they could go for big bucks.

But that's a maybe. I had bid last November on some Altec gear with a pair of D-130's, a Altec and a JBL.

I was outbid, but those are coveted guitar speakers.

I'll have to follow up on it. The Altec gear was still in that gym last late November.

The new gym has all new gear.

I just want the monitors, really.

No kiddin' Dave, you rapped with the school principal and that's what he said?

It hit 50 degrees with sunshine today, BTW.

All the Robins just rolled-in.

I guess I better follow-up on it.

I bet they are gone.

Yea, he wanted me to do a safety walkthrough. If I can find the business card he gave me, I'll give him a ring. They are in a situation where the money is tight, so they have to go through purchasing for all their incoming and outgoing transactions. I would "volunteer" to do some landscaping and maintenance work in exchange, if they are still flying in the overhead!