Los Angeles Klipschorns

Jon Anderson

That is funny Tom, I immediately thought of you when I saw where they were. Hmmm, I DO have a couple corners and I am about 3.5 hours away. Don't know that I could do that to the Corn's I am refurbing, it has been a real labor of Love. Would'nt want to cheat on them2.gif.

Khorns would only work in a HT setup with other heritage series speakers, right? I mean, to use Khorns as mains and then RF-7's as side and rear surrounds would probably make everything sound weird wouldn't it? Not to mention the incredible difference in power handling...Khorns are 100 watts RMS, while the RF-7's are 250 watts RMS. Is this a mix that simply does not match? I only ask cause I've always wanted Khorns, but cannot afford to have a 7.1 with 6 Khorns if that's how it has to be done to be done correctly.

----------------

On 2/22/2004 1:04:13 PM jorjen wrote:

That is funny Tom, I immediately thought of you when I saw where they were. Hmmm, I DO have a couple corners and I am about 3.5 hours away. Don't know that I could do that to the Corn's I am refurbing, it has been a real labor of Love. Would'nt want to cheat on them
2.gif

----------------

Eh -- so am I. In which direction for you? Northward for me.

Nicholtl, the Khorns will work with any speakers. They will work BEST with speakers that match their timber and voicing, but think for a sec. Your front speakers are your main set, so probably 50% to 70% of the primary audio information will be routed through them. The problem you will run in to is one of correctly matching volumes. The receivers normally make assumptions on power levels, so using inefficient speakers with Khorns will introduce balance problems.

The Scalas are an exact timbre match, the Belles are just about the same, and the Cornwalls and Heresys will be a decent match. The RF7s are quality and will certainly not be degrading to the overall. Now if you throw in some dog Pioneers and invite your girlfriend over, be prepared to get slapped...2.gif