Yamaha vs Denon vs Pioneer receivers

plissken99

I have Adcom seperates with KLF-30's and have been considering getting a receiver. You mentioned your brother has a Denon 3803. Has he mentioned any shortcomings with the 3803? Also, any problems with the volume?

I've heard good things about a H/K 7200. Have you heard anything on it?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yamaha is high current as well as Denon ,but Denon has had problems with service quite a bit ,yamaha wont break down just occasional service every 2- 3 years if you want the best on the market for a litle more money go with Rotel ,for example if rotel amp is rated at 40 watts it actually is 140 watts a plus do to the strenuous hard work and technology put into their products ,wont break down ,lots more additional head room for movies and music ,and you can distinguish intruments better and they are separated in the sound stage the basic model is rather pricey but well worth it because you wont be replacing a new amp/audio video reciever(AVR) every few years ,the price is $1500 but well worth it. They have come out with cheaper models and with a unit that includes a radio ,dvd ,amp and a surround processor- all you could want, and a bonus of a 5 year warranty and it won't break down. Rotel and Harmonic tech will dramatiacally make the sound cleaner, crisper and more enjoyable to listen to, and is apparent right away .Yamaha amp/reciever are a little bright sounding ,and in a 4 ohm dip with a 8 ohm speaker or 4 ohm load it actually cuts the frequency. Denon and Onkyo and Harman Kardon are all right , but Yamaha is the better one. Pioneer ,Kenwood or lower brands are a waste of money and they are not high current. Also, get a good monster cable wire Z-1 series and a surge protector/cleaner. Z-1 is $2.50a foot and the Monster filter/surge protector is about $350.00. I am a true audiophile and if anyone has questions e-mail me at jeff_gracee@yahoo.com . Also, get some harmonic technology cables $75.00 for a 1-meter interconnect can be used ,between Amp and CD Player etc. Harmonic Technolgy speaker/interconnects are $120.00 for a 8ft pair if you nedd a BI/wire ,biwire is $10.00 additional their site is http://www.harmonictech.com Rotel web site is http://www.rotel.com ,please feel free to E-mail me anytime with ?'s .

I am selling a Yamaha starterYHT-100 starter 5.1 Surround System with sub sat system for $150.00 originally $200.00, also a klipsch SB-1 Bookshelf with stands ,wire and 9 year transferable warrantyto new owner/buyer orginally for $500.00 new will sell for as little as $300.00 , $350.00 is the asking price though ,i just need a money order sent to me first and an address and need to be able to cash m.o. before sending product to you ,let me know if intrested in either product.if you have any ?'s about the products being sold let me know , must sell asap.

----------------

On 3/7/2004 7:23:21 PM jeff grace wrote:

----------------

Sorry to bother........ but nice ad 9.gif

I don't think Pioneer sticks with the lower end to kenwood etc and Onkyo gets up high with Denon HK and Yammy stays at the top tho. Those Denon HK Pioneer Yammy Onkyo they still have their compariable level and no one totally beats another one, otherwise it'd be kicked to lower the lower foodchain