Iraq's Constitution, George Bush, Haiti, and Kerry

Parrot

Andi - the difference is that unethical and amoral individuals can be controlled under the Libertarian principle via the civil courts. Corporations, however, can wield mighty financial power to prevent such civil actions. It's a matter of standard practice these days for any large corporation to squash a civil suit by dragging it out in court until the plaintiff's financial resources are exhausted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And they cannot be controlled under all other systems? I don't see the difference, in fact, under Liberatarian system corporatinions would have as much if not more power due to the hands off approach. Sherman anti-Trust laws would not have been passed under a Lib system. We the People are not powerless, as long as we are informed. Part of what's hindering information flow is the media's alliance and love for liberalism. Look at what Jesse Jackson has been able to do to corporations. Look at the recent reports about (and I'm sorry, I don't remember who) the clothing being made by child labor in other countries.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 3/6/2004 1:56:45 PM AndyKubicki wrote:

And they cannot be controlled under all other systems? I don't see the difference, in fact, under Liberatarian system corporatinions would have as much if not more power due to the hands off approach. Sherman anti-Trust laws would not have been passed under a Lib system. We the People are not powerless, as long as we are informed. Part of what's hindering information flow is the media's alliance and love for liberalism. Look at what Jesse Jackson has been able to do to corporations. Look at the recent reports about (and I'm sorry, I don't remember who) the clothing being made by child labor in other countries.

----------------

That's precisely what I've been saying. Corporations are uncontrollable under the Lib system.

Don't know for sure, m00n, but my guess would be Ronald Reagan. The "Gipper" was an old coachs urging for the Notre Dame football team saying of "Let's win one for the Gipper!" George Gipp was a fantastic Notre Dame football player whose nickname was Gipper. Knute Rockne invoked the spirit of the Gipper in urging the Irish to beat Army in 1928. Ronald Reagan used a "Win one for the Gipper" analogy in a speech or two... and, given Reagans advanced age, the nickname stuck to him like a presidential dubyah on a humid Houston day. -HornEd

----------------

On 3/6/2004 1:08:23 PM m00n wrote:

Who's the gripper?

----------------

Well we used to call my cousin Bubba that, but he has since gotten married....

Yep - the Gipper was a tag left on RR after his movie about Notre Dame Football. Kinda makes you scared of what tag line will follow AHNULL to the White House...

1. There will never be any relative peace in Iraq as long as outsiders remain.People who think for one minute they will win a war and have their way in Iraq or Afghanistan are dreamers,just a few days ago more proof.Four suicide bombers blew themselves and killed around 200 people.

You remain in Iraq,the bodies will pile up,face the facts.Those who sacrifice their own life are not afraid to die,and they will continue to sacriofice their lives for a cause they judge just.

2.Haiti,let them govenrn their own country.A president who has no army to protect his *** and who lets 350 criminals take city after city is a joke.I would not even send any marines to help the guy.After the US helped him he stated he was FORCED by the marines to leave! LOL The rebels would have cut him and cooked him in a stew.

Two facts some do not like to hear,well to damn bad.Truth hurts

Fresh off of Saturday Night Live:

A pilot who crashed a plane last week into a hydro line after having a couple of beers was trying to fulfil his obligation to the Texas National Guard.

The picture of the offending pilot was none other than George W. Bush

For the Democratic nominee for vice-president, according to Bill Clinton:

Howard Dean: to the Patsy Cline tune, "Crazy", have you ever looked into the eyes of a racoon trying to steal your lunch at a picnic

John Edwards: a milder Bill Clinton, his idea of a good time is having sex in the White House using the missionary position, with his wife

Bill Clinton: I'll put the vice back in vice president.

They worked for me here in the Great White North.

Al Q now has to devote significant resources there in an effort to make our followup mission a failure, because they can ill afford to have the totalitarian Arab world see a good example arise out of Iraq. I'll write some more when I can. Toodles

============================

Sheltie,

I will buy that!

A good way to get the uncivilized Militant Islamists all in one place.

Easier to whack em that way.

If they stay in Indonesia there are just too many little islands to run S&D operations.