The Cult live on dvd.

Fish

Man the cult is awesome. I will have to look for it when i get some cash. I'm looking into some klipsch surrounds. Then it's media time. Have you heard the Cult's newest one beyond good and evil. Really good. I like the Cult electric. That's probally my fave. The new one is great to. I guess Ian is doing some tours with the doors as the front man. You know he can sing if he's taking Jimmies place.

----------------

On 3/4/2004 9:18:29 PM m00n wrote:

Na... I've heard the band mentioned many times, I know they have many songs on the radio, but I don't recall what they are.

----------------

m00n,I thought you were an 80's rocker,in the mid 80's these guys were on it,still are really.Being a fan of the 60-70's era rock this was one of the few bands that got me to buy their music in the 80's,its all good.

What label put that DVD out? I'm more of a mid 70's-early 80's rocker myself but I went over to iTunes and listened to a few clips. The one song I remember was "She Sells Sanctuary" from the Love album. I had about forgot about "The Cult". I'll be looking for some of their CD's at yard sales this spring. I stacks of CD's at yard sales for almost nothing. I did notice that there is a 20th Century Masters Rare Earth DVD available from universalchronicles.com that's some pretty cool stuff.

Grateful

mOOn, the Cult is awesome, their latest album, beyond good and evil isn't bad either. You can hear a tune from that record on the Gone in 60 seconds dvd, the song is played in the background when Cage and Angelina are trying to make out. I believe the video is also on the dvd? One of their most popular tunes was "Fire Woman" you should remember that one. I also liked Edie ciao something ilke that.. I'd have to look at the cd, I have a greatest hits disc of theirs "Pure Cult".. awesome!

Joe schmoe you like that one to the new one. It is pretty good isn't it? I like how it's a bit different from the other ones mayby a little heavier. I really like electric big time that's what got me into them. Right around the time i got into danzig. I was listening to the misfits and samhain then i hear danzig and was like what the hell happened so much better.

I've got the Live Cult DVD (Live From the Grand Olympic Gymnasium) and wasn't too impressed. Singer Astbury has lost most of what's left of his vocal cords and isn't much of a frontman on this live set. Still enjoy their music ceedeez though.

Now, when are they going to release THIN LIZZY'S Live & Dangerous on dvd? How about some live Golden Earring?

What's an aging "stuck in the past" fan to do?

NP - Pantera - Cowboys From Hell

I am not much of a DOORS fan but for a while there Ian Astbury played frontman Jim Morrison and toured with the Doors. I caught it one night on one of the talk shows I think it was. FWIW I think he did a great job, sounded judt like Jim.

Wheelman... I really liked Danzig also, never got into the Misfits much or Samhain either but I did like the first two Danzig albums, after that I think he went to crap. I have a good friend that personally knows Jerry from the fits, and has met Danzig a zillion times he's into all those bands. I can remember him sending Erie Von (sp?) a bottle of George Dickle whiskey for his birthday lol. Some of my favorite Danzig tunes are off Lucifuge.."Im the one" and "Devil's plaything"

----------------

On 3/6/2004 10:00:25 AM DABumann wrote:

I've got the Live Cult DVD (Live From the Grand Olympic Gymnasium) and wasn't too impressed. Singer Astbury has lost most of what's left of his vocal cords and isn't much of a frontman on this live set. Still enjoy their music ceedeez though.

Now, when are they going to release THIN LIZZY'S Live & Dangerous on dvd? How about some live Golden Earring?

What's an aging "stuck in the past" fan to do?

NP - Pantera - Cowboys From Hell

----------------

I don't know what you heard but the music was kick ***,I'm not into front man shows(just music).I've seen Aerosmith live many times and Steve's voice always sucked live,I went for the music.

----------------

On 3/6/2004 10:44:06 AM Joe Shmoe wrote:

I am not much of a DOORS fan but for a while there Ian Astbury played frontman Jim Morrison and toured with the Doors. I caught it one night on one of the talk shows I think it was. FWIW I think he did a great job, sounded judt like Jim.

Wheelman... I really liked Danzig also, never got into the Misfits much or Samhain either but I did like the first two Danzig albums, after that I think he went to crap. I have a good friend that personally knows Jerry from the fits, and has met Danzig a zillion times he's into all those bands. I can remember him sending Erie Von (sp?) a bottle of George Dickle whiskey for his birthday lol. Some of my favorite Danzig tunes are off Lucifuge.."Im the one" and "Devil's plaything"

----------------

You are absolutely correct the only ones worth listening to in my opinion two. I really love the simplicity of the first one and if you ever want ghost in your house the second one pretty cool to.11.gif