$1,200.00 Khorns on audiogon

Ah, yes, fini... actually its 21.5 miles by MapQuest reckoning. And the wonder of it all is that alert folks like you on this Forum have led me to buying four Klipschorns, four Belles, two Cornwalls, two KLF-30s, two KLF-C7s, Two Klipsch SS-1s, and a lone Academy. Thats about half of my HornEd Klipsch collection the rest of my current collection were purchased factory fresh from dealers. And not a single transaction Ive made that came from the Klipsch Forum has had a single sour note in the deal.

As it turns out, the seller of this pair of Klipschorns and Belle has been a visitor to the Klipsch Forum and a reader of HornEd posts. Life is great!

It was about fifty years ago when I heard my first Klipschorn in San Francisco, CA. It was in North Beach, and the owner was a member of the original beat generation and friend of its leader and the original beatnik, Eric Nord. Those were strange and wonderful times to be a teenager. Stereo was just a rumor but that monaural Klipschorn was the reality of hi-fidelity sound personified like nothing I had ever heard before.

I didnt know how I was going to do it but the sound of that Khorn spurred me to find a way to buy one and that was no easy feat in those days the Khorn had only been patented about six years earlier. The desire to fill my ears with might Klipschorn magic pushed me to succeed in a teenage business venture and, in an early stroke of fortune my beatnik acquaintance had to raise some quick money and, suddenly, that Klipschorn became the center piece of my audio world that was packed into a well insulated free standing garage in the back of property that I rented (very economically) from my grandfather. Two years later that sound helped me into my first marriage. You see, lots of my peers had a car (as I did), but no one else in school had a coed lure like a Klipschorn (with jazz, classical & country records, Garrard turntable and a Macintosh amp). Life is Great!

With heavy heart and lack of room in my G.I. duffel bag I sold these teenage joys just before heading overseas in defense of my country. My eyes were opened to the world but my ears were stuck on Klipschorns.

On May 2, 2004, my fiancé will become my wife she was born in 65 and I am 65. I was born in 38 and she is 38. The next day, on May 3, 2004, the numbers change I will add another year but also we will celebrate exactly a half-century since I bought my very first Klipschorn. Life IS Great!!

But best of all, the love of my life has an ideal WAF profile my lovely and talented Swiss Miss not only loves HornEd but also his whole Heritage Herd! LIFE IS GREAT!!! =HornEd

4 Klipshorns, Hmm seems like someomne on this BB had that once, well i have 3 and 3/4 now beings this TSCM is like having 2 in 1 corner LOL!

Congrats Horn Ed enjoy them, if a pair came up here again at that price, well all i can say is id have 5 3/4.

Q-man has 4, i think some one else has more than 4, not sure.

Regards Jim

9.gif

Hey Jim... glad to see you continuing on the Khorn trail. Your center is really something. It looks like I have another deal that may take some time to make... but it is a vintage Khorn... one that is very much like the one I bought when I was sixteen years old. I think it's one of the first hundred or so built.

And, yes, the pair of Klipschorns and Belle are no longer on the market... and I am still looking for another pair of walnut Klipschorns, preferably in this area. -HornEd