Ebay ??????

garymd

----------------

On 3/7/2004 8:31:51 PM analogman wrote:

Asian built stuff inundated our (U.S.A.) market when it was decent; read copies of our designs built by near slave labor compared to America.Drove all the icons out of business or forced them to sell.Now in the age of ICs and "chip" architecture (which we were at one time the main player)the Asian manufacturers are selling the U.S. public at large cheap mid-fi,tariff free crap and doing very well.In the meantime,isn't it interesting that the best and finest collections of everything from Disney to JBL,Klipsch,Mac etc. are in Asia?If they're not willing to pay the freight,F?!K THEM! CLEAR ENOUGH?

The Troll

----------------

CLEAR ENOUGH MR. TROLL! So I guess you agree with my decision not to commit fraud on behalf of this stranger from Taiwan.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,what's up Mobile Homeless?!

I am from Greenville,North Carolina.Well what do you know.I guess all "Southerners" DON'T think alike or marry their cousins1.gifMaybe you and "Slick Willie" should move to France or maybe Taiwan and then you can really feel their pain 15.gif That's Right Boys,LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!And Garymd,if what you said with regards to your wife is true,and you're still soliciting advice from forum friends,then you really are an idiot.

Analogman

MH Check all my negative FBs. Look at the ebay members FB and see that in each case I left them a well deserved negative FB and then in retaliation they left me one.

Any seasoned ebay user knows the ebay FB system is rediculous. 99% of people who deserve a negative FB won't get one because the member who should give them a negative is worried about the retalitory neg that they know will come.

I got to the point where I no longer care about retalitory neg fb. If potential bidders can't see they are retalitory then ...5.gif

No offense to gary but watch his 7C get relisted and the current winner who's screwing him around not get a negative FB. The winner of garys auction already has 1 neg for exactly the same thing he's pulling on gary now. How many sellers do you think he did this to that didn't leave him proper feedback? It happens all the time.

Gary if you leave him a neg he's gonna leave you one. You can count on it.

This is why ebay s$cks.

----------------

On 3/7/2004 9:13:58 PM analogman wrote:

Garymd,

Once again,I apologize.Sincerely.I am glad you made the "right" decision.
1.gif

Still Friends?
15.gif

Mr. Troll

----------------

Apology temporarily accepted. BTW - I was lying about my wife. After law school and 2 kids (1 during her 2nd year in school), she decided to become a furniture mover during the day and work at a strip club in the evenings. 13.gif

Gary my guess is your 7c is going to sell for even less when you relist it as USA only.

Buyers are generally skittish about bidding on a relisted item. They wonder if there was something wrong with it or ...?

You might want to reconnect that recifier to make the 7c 100% stock. Put it away for 3 months and then relist.

SOLD!

I emailed him yesterday to ask if he had friends or family in the states who would deal with his customs problems. I got an email from his buddy in Milwaukee a little while ago who I will send the preamp to. I'm just relived to have this over with.

Thanks for all your advice and opinions. Always fun to run it by the forum first.

Selling "Golden Age" kit to Asian "collectors" is tantamount to robbing a church.Let them book travel and visit our technological heritage here,in a museum or at a forum member's home.1.gif1.gif1.gif You said you didn't NEED the money.?15.gif

Analogman

----------------

On 3/7/2004 2:32:03 PM Chris Robinson wrote:

Personally, I won't ship or sell to anybody outside the USA anymore. It's just a PITA with all the paperwork and occasional dispute resolution.

----------------

Good thing JFL does'nt think along those lines !! EH ?

Why not just label the dam package as gift instead of merchandise ?

Declare and insure the thing at whatever value you want then.

My sister use to live in new zealand , i sent her stuff every month . She never once paid any duty as the items were gifts from me not merchandise thats been bought.

As long as you have your money , does it really matter ?