Need a couple of good 12AX7?

I don't know what to make of it. These were the super-premium 12AX7 that were used mainly in lab equipment and were built to last 100,000 hours plus. They have somewhat mythical status along with the GEC B759 as being the end-all in 12AX7. Until a couple of years ago they sold for about $150 each and I have no clue why these sold for four times that!

Somewhere in my tube collection, I have a set of about 8? Telefunken 12AX7?tubes I pulled out of an Oscilliscope. Must check this weekend. But there must be some subtle difference.

EDIT: Just found them. One Tele, five GE, one Sylvania. Oh well. I will just have to continue working for a living.

The difference is the wrinkle glass for the globe of the tube which makes it rare. The later ones were smooth glass. The tubes will more than likely never be used, but kept as a collector item. There was a fairly recent sale of a pair of unopened Telefunken ECC803S tubes that went for $980.

Klipsch out.

Never heard those, but I have six Mullard "10M" 12AX7 which are supposed to be the same tube. I used to run them in my C-22 but now have mid-1960's Mullard CV4004 in there. Both are great, easily the best 12AX7s I have ever heard. I was going to ebay the 10M but I just can't do it even though they'd bring at least $150 ea.