OT: what kind of car does everyone have?

Rdmarsiii

Blasing----Yeah, I reckon you're right, but by God that IS cheesy. Hell, I'm not the guy that said "Hey, the people that buy our cars don't know the difference between real duals and phony ones, let's pull a fast one on 'em".

Don't get mad at me because Honda categorized you with Pontiac Grand-Am customers.

One of the cool things about Vics is that the duals are REAL but are understated; no chrome tips, no quad bazookas, they just peek out from under the bumper. Real and subtle, I like that. Don't you? C'mon, I betcha do.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to many car almost more than kl;ipsch speakers!!!

47 to 85 vws. total ten

5 saabs from 88 to 93 ( the real saabs)

11 vws from 1947 to 1985

One nissan 4x4 pickup( the tow car)

one 99 checy mini van(wifes car)

one on the road this week...

93 Saab 900 covert 48kmiles

88 saab 900 turbo 200k (winter car or avrey dya ride)

67 vw micro bus 58k miles all orig from paint to engine

55 vw westfalia camper(my capmer)

82 westfalia campeer( wife and famlys camper) het the 55 just to slow with it 36 hp engne.

88 Saab spg 250 hp roket sled for sunnydays 80 kmiles

55 vw covert for crusing

to many

Well, about the US vs. Import debate - I bought a Toyota (could have been a Honda, too) so I wouldn't have to repair it! I run synthetic oil (as the previous owner did), let it warm up before getting on the gas/getting the revs up, and generally try to treat it well. I am not scared to drive it, but I do everything I can to keep the engine happy.

This morning, my dads 89 Chevy pickup threw a rod and it will cost $6500 total to get a new engine (NOT rebuilt) and get it all taken care of. A bill like that would literally sink me - period. At least my engine is cheaper!

----------------

On 3/12/2004 12:29:29 AM Griffinator wrote:

That's cool, though. In a few more years, I'll be buying the used versions of what you own now, except I'll have bought them for about $2K instead of $40K!
9.gif

----------------

sad but true... and the reason why mine only go up to '95 ...

'95 Mazda MX3

'63 Acadian Beaumont

'52 MG TD

don't know if girlfriends cars count... but:

'93 Mazda 323

I used to also have, until not long ago, an unkillable '87 Mazda B2000 pickup ... i miss that rust bucket... 2.gif

Rob

I drove this thing back in the 70s. Slant-6, three-on-the-tree and a dead relaible engine and running gear, paid like 3 grand for it new. But it started rusting the day I bought it and one day the rear springs broke through the rusted out floor and into the trunk (God damn all unit bodies). But it ran like a champ till the day it died. I got 4 or 5 years out of it, not bad back then, Hell, the Japanese cars rusted even worse.

post-6913-13819253314248_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 3/13/2004 12:46:50 AM TBrennan wrote:

Ken----That Chevy is 15 years old. There's saying in the used car business (which my uncle and cousins are in), "Don't feed oats to a dead horse".
----------------

75k and everything BUT the engine is perfect.

It's either that or $35k for a Dodge Ram with a Cummins turbo diesel. 555 lb. ft. of torque 9.gif

----------------

On 3/13/2004 12:19:35 AM khorn58 wrote:

to many car almost more than kl;ipsch speakers!!!

47 to 85 vws. total ten

5 saabs from 88 to 93 ( the real saabs)

11 vws from 1947 to 1985

One nissan 4x4 pickup( the tow car)

one 99 checy mini van(wifes car)

one on the road this week...

93 Saab 900 covert 48kmiles

88 saab 900 turbo 200k (winter car or avrey dya ride)

67 vw micro bus 58k miles all orig from paint to engine

55 vw westfalia camper(my capmer)

82 westfalia campeer( wife and famlys camper) het the 55 just to slow with it 36 hp engne.

88 Saab spg 250 hp roket sled for sunnydays 80 kmiles

55 vw covert for crusing

to many

----------------

I just gotta say...my saab is pretty damn real. EASILY hits 160(damn electronic limiter)...no where near redline and holds it without problems. 160 mph is as real as I want to get...

I'm going to "chip" it, and change out the intercooler and downpipe...that'll push me to around 315 HP... I'm good with that...and since its a saab I'll be somewhat protected when I flip it 43 times...

WS6: I always thought you had a Trans Am with the WS6 package. lol.

Wouldnt that be kinda awkward to shift the gears on the steering column? My dad has had a few cars come by that the shift on the tree, and I think he may have an old Torino that had that. Has a 390 in it but it hasnt run in years. I also have a 1971 Mustang Mach 1, and I want to do it up like the original Eleanor, the yellow with the black stripe on the hood and trunk lid. We gotta replace the cowl because the 71-73 mustangs had a problem with rusting out the cowls. And they dont make replacements, so I dont know what were going to do.

2002 Ford Expedition, black, XLT 4x4 5.4L V8 with ram air and Raven 3" exaust. My daughter thought I was nuts when I did these mods as soon as I picked it up new. She's probably right!2.gif 26,000 miles, 28 months, zero repairs!

Reprogrammed the CPU for more HP. Now about 350. Waiting for warantee to expire then I will decide whether to put a huffer on it.6.gif

2000 Ford Windstar for the wife.

I ran a garage for 25 years, 16 years as an owner. I used to love those Honda, Toyota, Datsun, VW, Volvo, Etc owners, they always put more money into them than they were worth because of the "Mystique". 25% of the cars on the road and over 50% of my income. Had to love it!2.gif

Rick

----------------

On 3/13/2004 10:51:51 AM Rdmarsiii wrote:

Cool! I changed mine to what was in front of my house the other day: a 2002 Viper. Its a nice car. Sounds awesome!
----------------

I like you too 9.gif

RFinco:

If you really go 160, you better have some REALLY good tires. Flipping a car at that speed without a all-out roll cage puts your life in the hands of the man upstairs, not the car. The amount of energy in a car doing 75 and 160 is TREMENDOUS. My Camry has gone 110, but I don't want to push it further with stock suspension. I know the car can do 130 without too much drama.

How about a 22 year-old Yamaha G1 golf car... with a bodacious two-cycle gas engine... modified for off road trail work... and 250 acres of redwoods, maples, bays, black walnuts, pines, acacias, firs, and The next project is a multiple train of golf cart size electric cars with electric driven wheels and a battery fed by the lead "engine" that has a gas powered stationary engine driving a very efficient generator. The articulated rubber-tired train will negotiate the windy roads to bring guests to their secluded yurts. -HornEd