How High are High Dollar cables?

Fish

I noticed a few cable threads and m00ns third eye popping at $600.I saw some cables a while back,the speaker wire was $1k per ft.The ic's were $1.5k per ft.While this sounds kinda far out to me,and should be the most anyone would ever pay,some of you have probably saw cables costing even more.I was just curious what the most far out prices could be.

Fish... I'm not giving any recomendations here but I have the avia theater essentails (somthing like that) DVD. On there, they guys tell you NOT buy into the "expensive speaker wire is better" theory. They suggest going down to the local hardware store and getting some 12g braded copper wire.

Again, i'm not putting my name behind that, just saying what was said on that DVD. 1.gif

----------------

On 3/20/2004 7:41:35 PM minn_male42 wrote:

how about $10,000 for a 4 foot pair of RCA cables....

or $20,000 for a 12 foot pair of speaker cables.....

----------------

Those are what I would call ego cables... Poeple with so much money to spend, they think the will sound ubber cool when they tell people, yeah, just the cables cost $10,000.00.

----------------

On 3/20/2004 8:03:58 PM m00n wrote:

Those are what I would call ego cables... Poeple with so much money to spend, they think the will sound ubber cool when they tell people, yeah, just the cables cost $10,000.00.

----------------

It does sound cool....... uh I meant the money spent on cables, not qualitywise 9.gif

20k is enough to pay my tuition for 4years on college, yea it does sound cool 3.gif

----------------

On 3/20/2004 10:39:52 PM minn_male42 wrote:

i personally know the owner of N.B.S. cables.... his name is walter....

he says that they sell most of their products overseas... mid-east and asia.....

the company itself consists of the owner and 4 or 5 employees who assemble cables.......

----------------

I did read some audio forums back to asia and folks talked about some cables for $2-300/feet. It's like their lower ended and some of them go high up to $1200/feet(or even more that I have not read). I just opened my mouth and stared for several minutes 6.gif Then I never read these forums again 3.gif

But well..... not a bad way for increasing the GDP/GNP of the US 9.gif

At The Cable Company we have Tara Labs Zero interconnects that go for $12,500 for a .5 meter (19 2/3 inches) pair. That works out to $635.58 per inch. Okay...

We also have Transparent Cables Opus MM speaker cables at $30,750 for a 10 foot pair. A relatively good buy at only $256.25 per inch. Single wired, of course. Wonder what a bi wire set in a full surround setup would go for...