Cello - stradivari grand master

Cabasse - Atlantis 4 way

Avolon Acoustics - osiris 5 way reference transducer system

Audio Physic - Medea 2 way

Ares sound - Ares VIII 4way

Odeon - model 33 3 way

OWWW and of cource we can't forget the $150,000.00 per pair

Platinum audio - air pulse 3.1 3 way

And see if they have an old pair of TANNOY / Westminister royal's laying around in the back .

Thats all i can think of off the top of my head without knowing what they carry .

They have a lot of high end, everything from Sunfire, to Martin Logan, to Klipsch heritage and Reference. They have 3 rooms but I never left the one with the K-horns in it. I was impressed by their selection of amplifiers. although they did not carry any tube amps, they did carry Carver's Signature series amp.

The only thing I put them up against were the Reference 7 towers and the Martin Logan (can't remember which ones). In my opinion The k-horns killed the Logans. The reference line kept up with them a bit in the fact that they didn't show as many flaws in the recordings. Even when listening to SACD's, you hear EVERY imperfection in the recording with the k-horns, not so much with the reference line. But as far as reproducing without coloration, the k-horn with a seemingly effortless performance took it hands down. And the RF7's looked a little dwarfed when put up against a k-horn. All demos were done with Carver Symphany Reference pre amp and 250W Carver Symphany Reference amp.

But one of the funnest parts of the trip was interacting with the staff from Simply Stereo. They have a realy down to earth demeanor. Ken Schauer in particular has been wt\ith Klipsch for a long time. He has an autographed PWK picture of Paul sitting on a Heresy II... NOT FOR SALE :(

When we walked in I figured they would let me listen to them while he stood over me. But he gave me the remote to the Carver and said "Crank em'!, I'll be out here if you have any questions." We sat and played various cd's and SACD's for about and hour with no pushing or objections from Ken. About $6,750 for the pair, no longer available in an oil finish. Everything is Lacquer. As we left he said "if you are ever bored stop on by again and we'll crank em' up and shoot the **** for awhile!" If you are in the neighborhood stop by

1280 W. Higgins Rd

Hoffman Estates, IL

ask for Ken Schauer, a truely stand up Klipsch fan! Can't stress that enough!

going back as soon as I get $6,750. Then I'll also have to wait the 16 weeks it takes Klipsch to make and deliver. :( Has anyone ever put the new k-horns up against a vintage k-horn? I really would like some oak oiled horns, but klipsch now only makes lacquered versions.

I wish there was a Klipsch Heritage dealer within 100 miles of me.

endquote

100 miles? I wish there was even one in my state!! (Minnesota) Anyone know where the nearest dealer would be to Minneapolis? Or if there's one in the Dakotas? I'm guessing Milwaukee or Chicago? Kinda tough to audition them when it's a 10-16 hour drive one way. 7.gif

I live in Mayville Wisconsin. 40 minutes north of Milwaukee. 2 hours 15 minutes from Chicago. Hoffman estates is 40 minutes north west of Chicago. Simply stereo is the first place anywhere around the Wisconsin Illinois area that demos them. I told the guy at SImply stereo that they must be the only place that has them between Minnesota and Chicago... he said he has heard that from almost everyone who goes in looking for a pair. If you can't get to Simply Stereo to hear them, try and find someone on the forum who has a pair around your area. I'm sure they would have no problem showing off their system. Or look for postings from people who have annual Heritage get togethers.

Well, just to go out on a limb here, any chance there is anyone in the Brainerd/Crosslake area of MN on the board that owns Khorns? If so, I'd love a chance to audition your system. Every time I get into a conversation with anyone around here about audio and mention Klipsch, they ask if I said Eclipse? I know there are a few board members in the Twin Cities area, though with the moving/demolition/building going on, I'd have to incorporate a trp there with something else, tough to "sneak in" a 4-5 hr drive plus listening time into an already hectic schedule, but anything's possible. Any and all invitations are welcome, of course.

----------------

On 3/25/2004 4:40:08 PM tgourlie wrote:

going back as soon as I get $6,750. Then I'll also have to wait the 16 weeks it takes Klipsch to make and deliver.
:(
Has anyone ever put the new k-horns up against a vintage k-horn? I really would like some oak oiled horns, but klipsch now only makes lacquered versions.

----------------

How about waiting for 18 months from order for speakers? They're still in storage in their ORIGINAL box waiting for a new house to finish building (ET next year). I ordered them in 2001 and it's 2004 now. 4 years to wait for speakers what you call "patience"!

http://www.geocities.com/super_bq/Klipsch1.html

I believe the the ones I have are oiled walnut. News to me how they only make lacquered finishes.

Has anyone audition these new Klipschorns???? With new xover, new drivers, i'm sure there MUST be a difference in sound (improvement or not).

BQ