SVS SS vs SVS B4-Plus

mtber101

What are the big if any differences between the two? Also how does the RSW 15 compare (This is a Klipsch forum;))?

Setup: -Crown K2 amp power two SS (package deal)

-Crown K2 amp power a single B4-Plus

Goals:

All out power (shake the windows)

Sound quality

Movies and music(hiphop, rock, classic, even some country)

Thanks for your time!

mtb

take a look at the review over on hometheaterspot.com in the SVS section.

i truly think you are asking about truly different subs and would be tough to compare. The B4 doesn't compare to to many subs, The SS model has its place, The RSW 15 would probably be a great balance of sub and $ and performance.

The PB1+ with a nice veneer finish could be an alternative. The PB2isd for $900 will shake the sheet of out you as well. The PB2+ for $1200 is big but will shake your foundation. For total output and the best bang for the buck the PB2+ would be your best bet, IMO.

Guest Anonymous

Depends on your room, but I can guarantee you if you cornerload the B4-plus/crown K2 you WILL feel the air flow thru your bones3.gif How do Iknow, cause I have em

heh heh heh

cannot compare with the SS cause I never heard them....

The B4-plus moves serious AIR9.gif

I'd tend to agree with what's been said so far. I think a very good compromise between $ and value would be the PB2+. The 1 and 2 ISD lines offer awesome value, but a few bucks more gives you a really good upgrade to the plus lines. Now the major upgrade to the B4+ is a hefty one in $ and in punch. In my opinion the Klipsch RSW's just don't give enough bang for the buck, but they are really really pretty.

If cash isn't a problem, then the B4+ with Crown would be my monster pick, but a great average (and still shake your bones bet) is the PB2-ISD and Plus subs. Just yesterday I shook 3 pictures off the wall. 16 Hz is a killer 3.gif

Cas

the PB2+ is truly an awesome sub. Its output of the beast is simply unbelievable. For roughly $1300 with shipping it is truly a value.

Now those reading that don't over look its little brother the PB2isd. The guys over on SVS are very proud of this sub, especialy the price they can offer it at.

Now if you want the ultimate the $2400 PB2 Ultra will offer you a beautiful cabinet and the ultimate in deep rich bass.

When Tom and I were talking about subs he really could not say enough about the PB2isd.

If it is low you want to go SVS will achieve it.

klipsch makes great sub as well, as many have stated. unfortunately the middle man has to get their cut too which pushes the price higher.

Shaking pictures off the wall and cracking ceilings are pretty much par for the course owning a PB2*

And don't forget that Tom has pointed out in several places that the PB2 Plus/ISD are very close performers. Only when pushed to the very limit, the latter is slightly less powerful. So depending on listening circumstances, you might actually save some money and still end up with a stellar performance. On Tom's advice I decided to do just that and I am very happy indeed 9.gif .

Wolfram

According to SVS, the SS is the "best sub they know how to build". Personally, I'm drawn to it because you can get it in wood veneer to match your other stuff. The 2 SS package is my dream sub setup.

The RSW-15 is a very underestimated sub. Someone posted a study here a while back comparing it to other popular and expensive stuff. As far as loud, low bass, the RSW-15 is the best bass per dollar.