LaScalas Bottom End

mark1101

Is it possible to configure a Lascala like a Khorn for the 30Hz. Bass?

Why does the LaScala have the lack of bass of a Khorn? I understand the cabinet differences. However, is that the frequency response difference between the two? Can you put a Khorn network in a Lascala and realize any improvement?

Thanks

So what ole DJK is doing is adding a bandpass box to the rear of the horn. Clever.

I wonder how close the efficiency of the band produced by the bandpass box comes to the efficiency of the range reproduced by the basshorn. From what I understand bandpass boxes, unlike bass reflex boxes, increase efficiency.

How about the vibrations from the bass bean coming up in the midrange section.I don't think should be ok for horns....ringing..etc

Why some of us play around with Dynamat,rope or other dumping materials???

I'd leave the La Scalas as they are and get a good subwoofer to take care of the lower end. This would give you more satisfaction than a modded La Scalla.

If you port the bass bin of a La Scalla then you will loose the tightness of the folded horn bass.