Some Pics of my HT in Progress

Frzninvt

These photos are before I got the Pro La Scala top section that will take over the mid & high duties from the horizontal La Scala under the TV. The top of my TV is too narrow to support it so I am going to have to come up with a way to mount it up there. I have it perched temporarily on the Velo subwoofer off to the right of the TV and it seems to do OK there for now.

She enjoys it as much as I do. My little girl loves watching her movies in there because of the realism that it can create. She is the one pictured atop the big DBX amplifier (my wife that is). I will update the photos because the system has changed already since these photos were taken.

Charles,

I always get beat to the punch. Nice looking expander display, I'll take two. That is a whole lot of gear you got there. I think you should switch the room around, just say flip the couches vs. HT rig. Shouldn't take but an hour or so. 9.gif

So this passes the WAF huh? Looks like way to much sound for my family to take. K-Horns, Cornwalls, La Scala, Herseys. I can just hear the sound now. Guess you haven't seen the inside of a theater in a while.

The big Kicker SoloBaric 15" really adds a gutsy punch to the bass response. The 3/4" HDF ported enclosure that it's in is huge and the DBX amplifier on top of it is capable of feeding 400W - 800W into it if called for. I don't listen very loud so it is idling for the most part, some DVD's can get it moving some air though!

I did not buy it for this purpose I was getting rid off all my car stereo gear last year and actually traded a pair of Orion 10D subwoofers in a box and an amp for it. I wanted it because at the time I had to send my Velodyne in for servicing and wanted a subwoofer to use for the time being. I like the way it sounded so I kept it in service even when I got the Velodyne back. The Velodyne digs real deep and the Kicker is no slouch, the effective cone area on it is equivalent to an 18" round driver. The huge box has no polyfill in it I think I may stuff a few bags in an effort to smooth the response further. It is not boomy at all though suprisingly.

As for the turntable it has been relocated but it does not see much use at all, only on rare occasions.