Incredible CD for 2 channel

Josh Groban- Closer

This CD is recorded, produced, and performed on a 1-10 scale is a 10. I do not promote many music CD's on here, but it is so fantastic, I wanted to share it with you all.

FWIW, it might not be for everyone. Josh is a classically trained voice, without the over vibratto doing great music of standards, love songs, some in Italian and some serious music with orchestra and chorus etc,. etc.

You may have heard him sing before the NFL Superbowl the song, "You Lift Me UP"... This would be a great romantic cd in the background over a great dinner.. as well as show what your system can do too CD. I tell you, cranked up on a pair of Klipschorns, it is breathtaking.

Tom Petty: "Wildflowers" -on a great system, it sounds like your home is the recording studio, and Tom and the boys are performing for you. It sports a good mix of tempos and instruments.

I don't know if you would consider it "rock", but Sarah McLachlan's "Surfacing" sounds terrific as well.

Well, I'm impressed. Just went over to Amazon to listen to the 30 second samples. Even on the computer speakers this guy has got a pleasing voice. And I'm not usually an appreciator of this genre of music with it's IMO usually overdone vibratto. The three tenors... no. Josh... yes. 1.gif

----------------

On 3/31/2004 1:20:49 AM Piranha wrote:

What about rock CD's? I need recommendations please. Sorry to hijack your thread IKF

----------------

Try Alan Parsons Project "Try Anything Once" on Sony Super Bit Mapped Gold CD, if you can find it. One of the best recorded rock CDs I've ever heard even if you don't care for APP. Alan Parsons produced and engineered the whole disc.

----------------

On 3/31/2004 7:59:06 PM texas42 wrote:

Try Alan Parsons Project "Try Anything Once" on Sony Super Bit Mapped Gold CD, if you can find it. One of the best recorded rock CDs I've ever heard even if you don't care for APP. Alan Parsons produced and engineered the whole disc.

----------------

I just ordered it from amazon for $5 shipped, it is on the Arista label and has some guys hanging upside down.