Have a budget, need suggestions

lancestorm

My uncle has finally had his pair of speaks (don't know if they were JBL or something) of over 15 years die out on him. He hadn't used them in a while and the speaker has basically decomposed probably due to sunlight, etc.

Anyways, he wants a new pair of speaks, mainly for listening. He has a JVC 2 channel receiver that he is not changing. Basically his budget is $600 firm. And he is basically looking at 2 speakers only (no sub), so floorstanding might be best IMO.

I know we are on the Klipsch forum and there will be many mentions of Klipsch. I'd also like to hear about other speaks such as Paradigm, Energy, etc that would fit his price range. He does NOT have the ability to go more than $600, so please do not suggest anything that would be more. My local dealer sells the RF-35's for $1000/pair, which makes those not a possibility.

Thanks guys!

Some careful shopping and newspaper ads could net him a pair of nice Forte's/Forte II's, Chorus/Chorus II's or possibly Cornwalls, if size doesn't matter. If size is an issue, he can look at Synergy or RF Bookshelf models. Used is the way to go.

With patience and care he can find a pair of Klipsch that will meet his musical goals and budget.

Best of luck!

----------------

On 4/1/2004 7:53:47 PM toddvj wrote:

----------------

On 4/1/2004 8:55:36 AM lancestorm wrote:

Anyways, he wants a new pair of speaks, mainly for listening.

----------------

What is the secondary use for them? Bookends?

----------------

LOL. Sorry. Mainly for just listening to 2-channel music. He hardly as the time to watch any movies, etc. So I'm looking for a setup that will be really good for music. And Klipsch might not be the brand...