Theater Research, another Dogg Digital

greg928gts

Beware all, this is another one of those companies. Probably the same company as Dogg Digital. Remember them? Selling out of the back of white vans? I just found an ad in a local paper for $10,000 worth of surround sound speakers for only $1500! The story is that he never got around to setting up his home theater and now he's moving and can't take them with him.

Theater Research

Dude, awesome speakers duuude!

Greg

They seem awfully fond of the numbers $1999.95 and $1499.95 but such prices are inarguably justified by the warranty on the drivers ( assuming they have not been abused etc) ! Generous in light of the 50 to 75 dollar per speaker parts cost involved here.

No warranty on the cabinets or xovers which will invariably be destroyed by hamfisted claimants and/or the transportation companies.

Sadly many are sucked into paying far in excess of Klipsch prices for this junk on a daily basis. They get offered this crap for 25 cents on the dollar and pony up without a listen because they are geting a steal of a deal and are actually ripping off a price gouging dealer BUUUUUWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAA!

----------------

On 4/2/2004 11:48:00 PM lynnm wrote:

No warranty on the cabinets or xovers which will invariably be destroyed by hamfisted claimants and/or the transportation companies.

----------------

I remember a review in Home Theater Magazine a few years back about some "White Van" speakers. When they took them apart, they didn't even have crossovers, just full range run to all three drivers. A true "One-Way" speaker

3.gif

Yeah, I see alot of those (Theatre Research and ProAudio) in the local classifieds... with prices varying between 160$ to 900$cnd a pair.

The guy at 160$ probably bought them from a white van and discovered what they are when arriving home, while the guy at 900$ decide to save himself some gas. 14.gif

Rob

----------------

On 4/2/2004 9:00:53 PM tankhokie wrote:

oh man,

are klipsch's reference line "digital" speakers???!!!!

man, i don't want my klipsch's anymore...these speakers are sweeeet!

what was i thinking...buying non-digital speakers...

--forum sucker

----------------

the only digital speakers that I know of are the MERRIDIAN's...they are quite pricey though..clever, but I question if they are worth it. anyone on here heard the all-digital setup by merridian?

Who in their right mind would plop down that kind of money for such equipment hawked on such a poorly informative web page? For the 'pro' audio speakers, there aren't even any vestigal specifications (size, drivers, et al)

Unless of course, its so that some dealer/seller can show the website and prove to an unsuspecting 'rube' how much the speakers are worth as part of the strong arm sales pitch? Come to think of it, this website is very much like that website for the other 'White Van' speaker company we were discussing a few weeks ago (can't think of the company's name).

Gotta love a 'digital' TV for two grand that doesn't even show the screen size. Imagine sombody stupid enough to buy it, when for the same cash they can get a Sony WEGA 40"?!!