R

Hard 21

I meant for the topic to be RF35 set or RF7 set?

Anyway I think I hit enter on accident.

2 RF35, 2 RS35, RC35, & RW12 for about $2,384.95 (Goodguys new prices) or the same stuff in R7 w/ RSW for about 5129.95.

I think I like the fact that the 35 stuff is newer.

Will I be satisfied with the 35 pkg? I like to listen to music mostly but also want my movies to sound good.

I can afford either, but am a bit of a tightwad. My listning area is a little small, but big enough for either.

I would like to know the difference in the pre/pro and amp (and roughly the price for that) that I'd need for one or the other.

Also, should I hold out for something new from Klipsch to compare with the RF7s?

How pissed am I gonna be at myself if I don't divey up the extra $2,745 (+ difference in price of amp/pre/pro needed) needed for the step to the R7 5.1 system?

Get the 7s. The 35s being newer doesn't mean anything, it just means that the RF-7's didn't need to be improved upon and the RF-3s did.

You call yourself a tightwad, but you didn't ask for a discount? If you buy the whole set, they should be willing to give you some money off.

Don't really understand your question(s?) about pre/pro/amp. What did you want to know?

----------------

On 4/8/2004 10:05:54 AM toddvj wrote:

Get the 7s. The 35s being newer doesn't mean anything, it just means that the RF-7's didn't need to be improved upon and the RF-3s did.

You call yourself a tightwad, but you didn't ask for a discount? If you buy the whole set, they should be willing to give you some money off.

Don't really understand your question(s?) about pre/pro/amp.
What
did you want to know?

----------------

I assume if I had a 5.1 R7 set, I'd need a different pre-amp/processor and amp than if I had the set in R35 (maybe not, I don't know). My question was what differnce in (separates) pre/pro and amp would I need and what would the aproximate difference in the cost be?

----------------

On 4/8/2004 10:05:54 AM toddvj wrote:

You call yourself a tightwad, but you didn't ask for a discount? If you buy the whole set, they should be willing to give you some money off.---------

Believe me, I'll try to get a discount. I'm just trying to get a rough picture of what it'll cost.

Just a FYI...

You don't NEED separates. Lots of fine home theaters are run on receivers. I have a receiver and hit kicks, very powerfull, very smooth... Believe me! 1.gif

I'm running the Harman Kardon AVR7200. YOU WILL kick yourself in the arse if you save on speakers just to get separates. Trust me on this... You WANT the R7s. I don't like saying this because I try to be considerate of people with other gear, but... The R7's are the flagship and there is a reason. 2.gif

Just my 2 cents.

----------------

On 4/8/2004 11:29:58 AM Bruinsrme wrote:

RF7s.....1600

RC7.........550

RS7.........570

RSW12..1000

total....3720

that is reasonable

----------------

If I buy that, will I be upset I didn't get the RSW15?

Also mOOn, just wanted to make sure that the HK receiver you were talking about would be sufficient for this set up (R7)? And do you mind giving me a rough estimate on price of that receiver.

Thanks

----------------

On 4/8/2004 11:37:42 AM Hard 21 wrote:

If I buy that, will I be upset I didn't get the RSW15?

Also mOOn, just wanted to make sure that the HK receiver you were talking about would be sufficient for this set up (R7)? And do you mind giving me a rough estimate on price of that receiver.

Thanks

----------------

Of course it's sufficient... If It wasn't I would not recommend it. There are several on this board that have them. Trust me...

The RSW-12 is a kicken sub. It's what I had before I got my RSW-15. Now I have both. There is a difference the RSW-15 is better, no doubt, but the RSW-12 can hold it's own for sure. Don't let the SVS fans sway you. Take pride in an ALL KLIPSCH system. 2.gif

Get the rf-7 if they fit your room just like everyone said. Get a smooth receiver like a harman. The rf-7 first for music. Then a killer sub for action movies. You sound like me you like your music. Go with a harman can't beat it for the money when it comes to cd playback unless you get something used. My harman is a little older so i can't verify the newer ones, but by the sounds of everyone else their still sounding great. Harman excells musically. I actually would be scared to ad a seperate amp to mine because of the fine sound. Even though i still probally will

----------------

On 4/8/2004 12:03:05 PM BruinsFan wrote:

m00n: if you knew then what you do now - would you have gone right for the RSW15 first.

Hard21: what's the room size?

----------------

Sure. It's a great sub. Rock solid. I wanted it all along, I just didn't have the money for it.

I'll try to make this the last question on this thread by me. If I get the R7 5.1 rig, will I still be extremely happy with them even if a newer/better version of it comes out soon after I buy it?

Is there supposed to be something new in the making that I should hold out for?

Oh and if I buy that hk avr7200 how much am I gonna have to spend on wire and a cd player and other misc stuff (I already have a dvd/vcr player and TV) to actually be able to listen to muscic and hear movies.

OK so I went over one question. But I got a whole burning in my pocket.

----------------

On 4/8/2004 1:59:25 PM Hard 21 wrote:

I'll try to make this the last question on this thread by me. If I get the R7 5.1 rig, will I still be extremely happy with them even if a newer/better version of it comes out soon after I buy it?

----------------

You've got this dis-ease real bad.....Let me make a suggestion. Buy your Ref 7 system and your receiver, get everything set up and working well. Then you can come back here and claim your bragging rights. After that is all done, if you can ban yourself from these boards you will be serene in audio nervana forever....LOL Ignorance is blissful sometimes! However, I will warn...just one peek at a thread about new equipment can make you fall off the wagon!!!!!

Jerry Rappaport