Such a shame

3dzapper

Last night we went out for dinner with my sister and her family and an old family friend.

My brother in-law' our freind and I all bought speakers at about the same time. First our friend bought Hartley Concertmaster VIs with the 24" woofer, then I bought my Klipschorns (an instant rivalry of course) then my brother in-law bought Infinity Quantums.

Because my sister thinks the Infiniy's are too large my poor BIL has had them in their boxes in the basement for ten years! He has been forced to listen to a "Wave Radio" in his home office! I suggested that he take the Infinity's to his company offices so he could enjoy them. He's a big corporate mucky-muck and spends most of his time there anyhow. He may just do that.

Now my friend's wife is pressuring him to retire the Hartleys for smaller pastures. Where else in this world short of a large proffessional rig could one find a true 16HZ reproduction devise? Right now he has them skewed in his living room on oposite walls because of the" picture window" and "fireplace". The man has got to find some freholes!(sp?)

After dinner they all came over to our house and I treates them to K-horns and tubes. I even think my sister is going to buy a copy of the Dave Brubeck CD I played! I wonder what it will sound like on a boom box? After listening for a while my audio rival finally admitted that he almost bought Klipschorns many years ago and ,I think, was lamenting that he hadn't.

Luckily my wife has never asked me to choose between her and my Klipshorns, for I would surley miss her!6.gif

Dr Bose should be blindfolded and shot for introducing women to the "cube"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11.gif

Rick

I say if it brings you enjoyment and see nothing wrong with the aestetics your better half is not being resonable and selfish to boot.11.gif

Sometimes in life we must do what brings us joy, even at the expense of not meeting others approvals, as long as your not morally in the wrong do what right for you, the'll get over it.

Tom

----------------

On 4/10/2004 10:26:16 AM TBrennan wrote:

A corporate big-shot who struts and orders people around at work but when he goes home he's a *****-whipped milqetoast, a rubber-backed lickspittle. I love it.

----------------

You crack me up Tom!

Rick,

I thought the story would have a happy ending. That's just plain sad!

----------------

On 4/10/2004 10:26:16 AM TBrennan wrote:

A corporate big-shot who struts and orders people around at work but when he goes home he's a *****-whipped milqetoast, a rubber-backed lickspittle. I love it.
----------------

Tom,

Please define "lickspittle". I am not familiar with that one. Is that another boiler maker term? Ha. Hope I'm not one.

If you buy a pair of Cornwalls and two years later buy a second pair, stack them on top of the first pair, and get away with it........You couldn't be a "lickspittle" could you?

Terry