Vintage Amplification/K-horn Refurb Fundraiser!!

gullahisland

Hey guys,

Well, by now you know that I'm buying a pair of K-horns. I'm picking them up next week! It's been recommended by more than a few of you that I look into a nice vintage Scott (or similar) amp to partner with them.

So...In hopes of raising some funds to pay for the amplification and various upgrades that I'll want to do to the K-horns (starting with a new "skin"), I've got a few items that I'll put out there as fodder for either sale, barter or trade.

I've got a pair of Forte IIs that are in pretty nice shape. The only blem of note is a couple of water marks on the top of one cabinet. They're in the Oak finish. (estimated value - $575??)

I also have a VTL/David Manley 75/75 amp (75wpc) which uses EL-34 output tubes and sounds absolutely sublime. I just think it's a little too much power for the K's, but I know some of you guys LIKE to listen at 120db. Just look at the pics. This thing is SMOTHERED in chrome and is just plain gorgeous. I have the original box and manual. (estimated value - $750)

Finally, I have a Forte Model 2 Class A preamp which is in real nice shape. I have the original box and manual as well as a sales brochure. (estimated value - $300)

Pictures will follow. Feel free to contact me if you're interested in any of this stuff. I'll wait a few days before making any posts on AudiogoN. The speakers are probably best left to a local transaction (Northern California). Everything else is shippable.

There's more than one way to skin the proverbial cat. I've gone ahead and published the following website (I guess that's what I pay $22/mo for, huh?) with a few photos of the items I've described.

NOS - That sounds like a helluva deal - I just don't know how to go about transporting these guys. Contact me privately and let's discuss.

I have lots more photos available if you're interested, but these will give you a "taste" of what I'm talking about.4.gif

http://home.earthlink.net/~hirschler/

Yup I want them you have a PM we will figure out something on shipping they will have to be packed very very well. I think they will take them at FED EX no problem and we can either work something out like some choice NOS tubes throughout in your new amp for the shipping cost maybe ??

Craig

Thanks Jordan. You know, the Belles ARE very nice. I should post some pictures of them for the world to see. I think they're nicer than even the pair that just sold on Ebay for two bills.

I'd really like for you, specifically, to see the woodgrain pattern on the tops of them. They're pretty close to what I'd like my K-horns to look like. Plenty of contrast and just plain beautiful.