Lascala's cheap in Rhode Island BIN $995

----------------

On 4/19/2004 12:29:35 PM garymd wrote:

He broke his foot a little over a week ago and is not too agile at the moment. Surgery is scheduled for the 23rd so please wish him a speedy recovery. It's a pretty serious injury and may cause him to miss Indy!

----------------

He shouldn't have tried dropkicking his Klipschorn.

Best wishes to you, Larry.

----------------

On 4/19/2004 9:04:49 AM garymd wrote:

I'll buy them right now if Rick agrees to hold them for me until I sell the altecs. He has to pick them up though. Not an easy task.

Rick?

----------------

No problemo gary!

Sorry I've been out working in the yard all day making big leaf piles into little ones.

Rick

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone but after thinking about it for a long while, I've decided a 16 hour round trip is just a bit too much for my back to handle. As I told Rick, if they were khorns I may have done it. I'm sure when I'm ready, a nice pair will turn up a little closer to home.

Thanks again for the offer Rick. I know hauling around 250lbs of speakers is no easy task and I appreciate the gesture.

They are a mighty pretty pair too!15.gif

Gary, the way things are going in the Bush campaign right now, there might be about ten sets of Khorns foe sale between November and January.2.gif You should be seeing about three to four sets of Khorns in the I95 corridor this spring, looking at last year's demographics. Be patient, and then pounce!

Of course khorns are my ultimate goal. I need to expand my listening area downstairs first. My wife and I have discussed this. Once my daughter leaves for college (less than a year and a half), and all our other home projects are complete, I'll get to it. In the meantime, I'm still pretty happy with the altecs. For some reason they sound exceptionally good tonight. Could be these jazz lps I'm listening to.

Tomorrow a couple forum members are coming by and I'll get other's points of view. Guy's whose opinions I greatly respect. It may be best to just hold on for a couple more years. My room is barely large enough for the altecs right now. The lascalas are deeper (about 8 inches). Otherwise, not much difference in size.

Sometimes I spiral out of control and just can't stop myself.6.gif Then I start listening to all of you and I'm really a mess!14.gif2.gif