Value of a Label?

mandi

I purchased my heresys off ebay and there were not pics of all sides. When the speakers showed up there was no serial number labels. I spoke with the seller and he said he took them off not knowing they should stay on. I tested and inspected the speakers and there were no problems. The question is how much are those labels reall worth? If I were to put these heresys up for sale without the labels, how much would I expect to deduct from what they would be worth with the label? It makes no difference in sound but I know folks want to know what they are getting.

mandi,

My son bought me a pair of Heresy IIs last year for a present. They also didn't have labels on them. The original Heresy series had the SN stamped in the wood on the back edge of the top piece (could only see it from the back), but they didn't do that with the newer models (made out of mdf). I opened mine up and looked at the year of the inspection sticker to get an idea of when mine were made.

That isn't an answer, but you could at least get a better idea for your pair. I'm not really concerned as I don't intend to ever sell mine. 2.gif

Marvel

Well, the only reason I may need to sell mine is if I want to purchase Lascalas. I think the wife may have said I would have to sell somethink to get those. I really did not want to listen to that part so I kind of blocked it out. I am sure she will remind me if other speakers show up.

----------------

On 4/20/2004 8:19:55 AM BBB wrote:

Some labels must be very valuable. You can't tear them off of pillows under penalty of law.

----------------

BBB-

LMAO!!

the 'label police' come to get 'ya2.gif

hey-doesn't 'cheap trick' do a song about that:

'the label police-they come to me in my bed'

'the label police pull the pillow from under my head'

'the label police(police police...)'

3.gif

avman.9.gif

The labels on my La Scala's are so faded you can barely read the S/N's, they have been 2/3 of the way around the world and moved 10 times in 20 years. I don't know how you can maintain the label under normal conditions, to some these labels are very valuable and I suppose they are the only proof that the speakers are in actually Klipsch and not someones interpretation of Klipsch. I never gave them any thought until I joined this forum; I never looked at them for that matter. So now that I have avoided actually answering your question I guess my answer is your question I dont know how valuable are they indeed?

Missing labels are often a sign that speakers were sold on the grey market. Keeps the manufacturer from tracking who in the supply line is selling outside of the agreed upon terms.

I can't give you a dollar amount, but I think you could expect a moderate decrease in value. Maybe $80 for every $100? Of course, it's likely that you could sell them on eBay to someone who doesn't even know a label should be there. Just be sure to display pictures of all sides s o that they can't complain after the fact.