Klipsch THX System

zippy

• Klipsch Employees

I will have a demo set up when you all come to Indy in June...get your name on the list...

The price is up there, a bit more than the RF-7 system. Just under $10k for the 7 speakers and 2 subs with amp. BTW the subs go lower and louder than the RSW-15. 122db 1/8 space / 1m

@ 20Hz...They keep up with my La Scalas very well.

They do look cool, but I think I'll stick to my 7's. I suspect that just having the THX logo on the speakers makes them cost more, but not necessarily sound better. Still, if you add up the cost of a full 7 series with 2 RSW-15s, it costs more than 7 grand.

ah hah, it is a slotted port. Now you know why we bragged about the promedia ultra so much. Looks like this new KW-120 crushes the RSW-15 in the dual config. 130 db at 30hrz vs 121dB at 30hrz. (off website stats)

Thats not even close! Double the speakers to get +3 dB, factor in constructive interference and you get make that 6dB. Assuming its a 6 dB gain, you would still need at least three RSW-15's to best the dual KW-120, more likly you would need four of them if the stats are true. I wonder if you bought two of the amps and gave each each KW-120 1000 watts I think you could match a B4 if you had them set up in the right room.

Looks like Klipsch is finally taking on SVS. Slot port seems to be the secret ingredient.

Lets see the KW-150

OMFG!

In car audio the slot port has been the key for a long time. I am suprised more home audio subs have not been using it. I have seen a pair of 10's in a slot ported box that sound like 15's in regular ported boxes.