Decent Scott 299A BIN $375

Klipschfoot

There is no reason why you shouldn't weigh in with your opinion and hopefully now everyone can either way ! My opinion today is that this is a productive thread and there are differences of opinion. We should all be able to way in. Its the vindictive self motivated comments that cause the problems. I personally think almost every brand integrated can sound very good with a proper rebuild and be hard to beat for the $ spent.

Craig

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 4/27/2004 9:14:03 AM garymd wrote:

Remember when people would take cheapo Dodge Darts and ram huge engines in them? Would they bother taking out the old engine to replace it a similair one? Probably not. It had the right chasis for an upgrade!

----------------

'cheapo'7.gif2.gif

i not only remember guys who stuffed small and BIG-block V-8's into them(as well as the factory,340's,360's and 383's),but Plymouth 'stuffed' a 426 Hemi into the same A-body barracuda(the dart-sized one from the late 60's)...

it was sold w/one seat,straps to pull the windows up,and ran 11's and 12's w/cheater slicks AS IS!!

MOPAR!

Most

Over

Powered

And

Respected

3.gif9.gif

avman.

We all love hi-fi but everyone has different tastes and needs. What one person might consider "clean and clear" another might think "overly bright," and what another might call "dark and veiled" still another would consider "lush and warm." Funny that we all dig Klipsch heritage. Really says something about these beauties, doesn't it?

PWK lives.

----------------

On 4/27/2004 12:09:55 PM avman wrote:

----------------

On 4/27/2004 9:14:03 AM garymd wrote:

Remember when people would take cheapo Dodge Darts and ram huge engines in them? Would they bother taking out the old engine to replace it a similair one? Probably not. It had the right chasis for an upgrade!

----------------

'cheapo'
7.gif2.gif

i not only remember guys who stuffed small and BIG-block V-8's into them(as well as the factory,340's,360's and 383's),but Plymouth 'stuffed' a 426 Hemi into the same A-body barracuda(the dart-sized one from the late 60's)...

it was sold w/one seat,straps to pull the windows up,and ran 11's and 12's w/cheater slicks AS IS!!

MOPAR!

Most

Over

Powered

And

Respected

3.gif9.gif

avman.

----------------

Avman,

They were sold as economy cars for the most part although there were those options!

I took my driver's test in my grandmother's '67 Barracuda with that same body style. That was one sweet little 318. Had the hiddeous olive color with the landau roof.9.gif I loved that car. Unfortunately, she gave it to my big sister!7.gif

----------------

On 4/27/2004 12:12:36 PM Allan Songer wrote:

We all love hi-fi but everyone has different tastes and needs. What one person might consider "clean and clear" another might think "overly bright," and what another might call "dark and veiled" still another would consider "lush and warm." Funny that we all dig Klipsch heritage. Really says something about these beauties, doesn't it?

PWK lives.
----------------

Very well said Allan !!

My listening room has lots of hard concrete faced surfaces. I notice a big difference in the sound of my old Khorns depending on which trans. taps I use. On the 8 ohm they sound "overly bright" to me (am using the 1 uF bypass caps-real cheap ones). But on the 4 ohm taps they are *perfect*.

Hope Al K reads (and comments on)this!

Benesesso