Attn Southern/Central Cali...THX Ultra2 Just In!

TheSoundBroker

Okay, anybody in Southern/Central California...we are the first dealer in the state to have the new THX Ultra2 system on display in the showoom. If you are in the market for a new theater package then folks, this one you HAVE to hear. In one word...it is SWEEEET! 9.gif

Klipsch absolutely NAILED it with these things! The subs are awesome, they image like crazy, they are actually sweet and musical right out of the box! If you don't have a dealer you are working with or they aren't THX Ultra2 authorized, come on down! We have them set up next to a Ref 7 system and as awesome as the Ref 7 is...well, you need to hear them! 2.gif

If you have a set on order from your local dealer...it was worth the ridiculously long wait and you won't be disappointed!

Kevin

The Sound Broker

How might I go about finding the closest dealer in my area that will be carrying these puppies. Klipsch only has a reference option on the dealer locator, but it sounds like the dealer has to be thx ultra 2 certified, am I right? I wanna hear 'em!9.gif

----------------

On 4/29/2004 11:36:55 AM om13934 wrote:

How might I go about finding the closest dealer in my area that will be carrying these puppies. Klipsch only has a reference option on the dealer locator, but it sounds like the dealer has to be thx ultra 2 certified, am I right? I wanna hear 'em!
9.gif

----------------

well, as far as i know,ANY reference dealer can carry/sell thx-series speakers,although there is thx certification FOR dealers...now,let me see,where is that extra pile of cash i had laying around-i know-i'll spend it on thx certification3.gif2.gif

avman.

----------------

On 4/29/2004 11:36:55 AM om13934 wrote:

How might I go about finding the closest dealer in my area that will be carrying these puppies. Klipsch only has a reference option on the dealer locator, but it sounds like the dealer has to be thx ultra 2 certified, am I right? I wanna hear 'em!
9.gif

----------------

You would need to contact them to find out if they are authorized for Klipsch THX Ultra2. Not every dealer will be. They are reserving these for dealers who know what they are doing and are willing to install every system they sell. And yes, there is THX Certification for dealers, there is a waiting list to get into the classes and you don't want to know what it costs!

Kevin

The Sound Broker

Oxnard, CA

----------------

On 4/29/2004 2:15:14 AM 007 wrote:

ya, how about some prices ******?

oh also, do you sell the subs individually?

Do the dual KW-120's compete with anything?

----------------

Price totally depends on how you configure the system.

The agreement on THX Ultra2 states you have to install the system, so in order for us

to sell out of our area, we'd need two things...

Permission from Klipsch and a Plane Ticket. We already have one flight scheduled.

What do the subs compete with? Well, they are a very significant step up from the RSW-15

which we have sitting right next to them. The closest sub we have to them is our PMC XB-2 which sells at $5K and is the size of two stacked KSW-120's.

Klipsch pulled a rabbit out of their hat with these subs, they get the

balance just right between being very fast and doing structural damage 9.gif

We're planning to get another pair of them and run four. This ought to be adequate! 2.gif

Kevin

The Sound Broker

----------------

On 4/30/2004 6:41:18 PM SoundBroker wrote:

And yes, there is THX Certification for dealers... and you don't want to know what it costs!

----------------

Why? How much is it? Do you even know?

And, you're telling me that if I went into a store with $10k in my pocket, you would turn me away if I didn't get it installed? Please.

You might get away with that for a week or two, but I know I wouldn't pay extra for something that, not only I CAN do myself, but that I'd RATHER do myself.

----------------

On 4/30/2004 6:52:29 PM SoundBroker wrote:

The agreement on THX Ultra2 states you have to install the system, so in order for us to sell out of our area, we'd need two things... Permission from Klipsch and a Plane Ticket.

----------------

Just curious on how they are implementing the installation process... and if resembles what JBL has been marketing (for a while) with their JBL Synthesis system?

In other words, does the installation include a room analysis and fine-tuning of the system to the room by a trained installer?

Target audience seems similar... 1.gif

Rob

this system aint for chumps, ill say!

nope, this thing is out of my league for now! i dont even have a permanent place to stay... my dorm changes every year.... no way can i have a thx installer come in every year!

wait.. is there a thx dealer in chicago???

----------------

On 5/1/2004 1:52:26 AM formica wrote:

Just curious on how they are implementing the installation process... and if resembles what JBL has been marketing (for a while) with their
?

In other words, does the installation include a room analysis and fine-tuning of the system to the room by a trained installer?

Target audience seems similar...
1.gif

Rob

----------------

C'mon, man, you don't see how this system is a Little bit different from the Synthesis system?

----------------

On 4/30/2004 6:52:29 PM SoundBroker wrote:

Price totally depends on how you configure the system. The agreement on THX Ultra2 states you have to install the system----------------

It must at least be an option to just purchase the system and install it yourself? What if people have to move apartments or dorms? Plus, having a pro installer do it for you takes 50% of the fun away!

Dont want to step on any toes but here are your retail prices

KL650 THX L/C/R $1200 each

KL525 THX Mono Pole rear $1000 each

KS525 THX Dipole surr $1250 pair

KA1000 Amp for subs $1400each

KW 120 Subs $1250 each

THX Level 1 & 2 Training Skywalker Ranch (after you work at a dealership) Transportation,Car rental and expenses included about $5,000

was cheaper in 98 2.gif and I got a jacket too 9.gif