recievers that mate well with the RF7s

ric

well im in the mood to upgrade my onkyo txsr700 100 watts per. to a reciever that ill get the most out of the RF7s. price range around 900 or less. any serious suggestions? keep in mind im not a fan of real bright music or movies, i like to hear them clear, and big. good luck and look forward to hearing your advise.9.gif

Harman Kardon AVR7200 can be purchased for around that price range. It's a very nice warm receiver.

Others like Denon. From what I hear yammy's are bright with Klipsch, but I have no first hand knowledge of that, just hearsay.

I'm trying out a Denon 3805 with my Ref7s, and it sounds great. I also tried out a 3803, and it was very close to the 3805. The one nice feature of the 3805 is the Room EQ with the optional mic...it works great. While you may have a tough time finding a 3805 for $900, you should be able to easily find a 3803 for under that budget.

well i auditioned the denon 3805 and WOW what a reciever 1130.00$ ouch. but i do like that room EQ and mike set-up thats real convienant! would like to know if it actually works tho.

----------------

On 4/30/2004 1:12:57 AM mamacmil wrote:

I'm trying out a Denon 3805 with my Ref7s, and it sounds great. I also tried out a 3803, and it was very close to the 3805. The one nice feature of the 3805 is the Room EQ with the optional mic...it works great. While you may have a tough time finding a 3805 for $900, you should be able to easily find a 3803 for under that budget.

----------------

How's the remote on that new 3805? It looks sweet. I have the Atkis touchscreen remote that came with my 4802, but its a bit bulky. I wonder if I could purchase the 3805 remote and use that instead.

The mic for the Denon 3805 is an option. The Pioneer Elites have included the mic with the 53TX, 55TXi and 59TXi receivers. Pioneer's acoustic room correction is the standard that others are judged by. The Pioneers have a neutral sound that sound good with Klipsch IMO.

Bill

I tried all mentioned and a few more,the 3805/03 was the best with 7's,my opinion only.It is clean,smooth,not bright,lots of features and quality components.The new price should be about $1029.00 from a reasonable dealer.All of the units mentioned were good w/HT,if you are a critical music listener the Denon was best of the 1k down ,again imo.