Cornwall Dating

GRB

----------------

On 4/30/2004 8:59:19 PM Budman54 wrote:

could these be the Decorator Model Cornwalls. the Klipsch badge is on the front face, can't read the label on the back

----------------

Do they have grills or is it just bare wood on a flush front? If so, they'd be decorator models.

We crossed posts. They are definitely decorators and ALSO have grills and the fronts aren't flush. Very cool! I'll bet they were special orders. I wish Andy would jump in. He may have built these! Ask the seller what initials (other than USA) are stamped on the upper back edge. If an "A" is there, then Andy built them and could give you more details.

Try to get close-ups of the sides and top. They aren't showing the condition of the cabinets at all which makes me a little suspicious. Do you know the finish? If I won a pair like that, I'd store the grills away and keep em all natural. You can put a finish on the front to match the rest of the speaker. They look beautiful from the front for sure.

Good luck!

Yea, the pics look good but it is hard to tell. Depending what the seller tells me in his reply, I think I will have my brother go see them tomorrow and take some pics to e-mail me. They are different looking though. How are the velcro strips held on, staples or double sided tape? Could they be removed without leaving scars in the wood?

GRB,

Looks like we're in the same town... these would be great, if I wasn't getting ready to throw down several grand on home improvements. Unfortunately, the Mrs. would not be too pleased if I pursued this right now.

Best of luck!

(BTW... did you get your Rotel 1095 from SCS? And how do you like it with your Klipsch speakers? Mine is great for HT, but I'm not as happy with it for music...)

Hey Chuck. Do you mean we live in the same town now or where the Cornwalls are? I was raised in Springfield, MO and am currently located in DC. I got the Rotel @ Audio Visions in Laurel, MD. I am very pleased with the KSP's but I am also trying to put together a 2 channel rig for my game room in the basement.