Home Theater seats

IndyKlipschFan

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We bought the La-Z-Boy "Matinee" theater recliners, but ours are in red "micro-suede" (Cotton not leather) in "Tomato" red. Black leather is shown here:

matinee1.jpg

Our seats are configured a bit different from above. Ours are a group of three in a straight line rather than in an arc as shown and then we have one chair by itself. Our friends like them so much there is usually a friendly "fight" over the seats on game nights. We love them. La-Z-Boy offers these seats in many configurations including an electric, power recline! Hope this helps. Good luck!

post-10177-1381925431337_thumb.jpg

Hi

you can get Berkline 090 Cinema Chairs in Black,Red or

Toupe Leather Match (everything that touches you is leather)with Auto Recline <---Power and factory installed LFE Butt Kickers for $850 per seat

These are the large comfy chairs with cup holders on both sides The auto recline is smooth and quite and reclines to a full horizontal position and only needs about 4" of wall space The LFE Butt Kickers are powerful and are a

cool and unique feature to have in a Home Theater

Sorry about the picture its hard to photo black

and my showroom is a dark color

post-5454-1381925431362_thumb.jpg

Say, htxpert, those are pretty nice! The prices you are quoting are less than that of the La-Z-Boys. Sounds like a good thing for Indy to check out! How's the construction quality?

If you want standard el-cheapo seats like mine, I got them off ebay, I think I paid some $40.00 for each which included shipping. But remembering what the inside of your home looks like, I'm doubting your going for the standard el-cheapo seats. 2.gif

Check your mailbox for a P.M.

We have some of the best theater seat/lounger deals on the net.

We sell tons of them and they look great and are very comfortable.

3 seats in top grain leather match start at $1549. That is not each...

that is for all three. Microfiber runs $1299 for the same layout.

Kevin

The Sound Broker

Hi

Build quality is very nice I have had no complaints

These are the 090's they are larger than the Lazy Boys

the Berkline 088 and 087's are more like the Lazy Boys

The leather is soft like Isotoner Gloves and they can be

ordered in any configuration Straight or Arch bolt together Wedge Higher grade leathers and colors are available and many fabrics

Hope this helps

I've found that if the seats say theater on them that they are expensive.

I see nothing wrong with just buying six or eight standard recliners.

I made the mistake of buying two reclining sofas, and two reclining chairs. The middle seat in the sofas doesn't recline. If I have three people on one sofa the one in the middle is screwed. Next time I'll just buy all recliners.

Wow all great responses.. Thank you! I will have to do a lot of research on these I agree. I also just last weekend had sticker shock myself. Trying to balance the features, benefits, price, etc., thing will be a bargain hunter game I am sure.

Thanks for your replies. Especially if you can post more pics of your setups too. This helps. I will have two rows. With the back one slightly rasied too.( aprox 6-8")

htxpert:

Thanks for the follow-up. Yeah, those 090s whould have been a bit too wide for my small (narrow) room. That is one reason I liked the La-Z's.

Indy:

Here's a pic of them in the room. This was way back in December, before the new floor and before a lot of the drywall and bar was finished. The ceiling is in now too. Also, we exchanged the "love-seat" set-up that you see for a three-seat set-up. That gave us one more cupholder than is shown.

theater_4.jpgpost-10177-1381925431433_thumb.jpg

Just my opinion:

I sat in the lazyboys at a lazyboy store here and found that experience to be underwhelming in all ways, and they're not cheap either. I also sat in the Berkline chairs here and as far as dimensions, softness, finish, etc there was absolutely nothing I could find wrong with them. However, I am super-curious about the TheSoundBroker's chairs because of the price point. SoundBroker: can you compare your seats to the Berkline model? (Maybe you did somewhere and I missed it?)

well,

i had to go along w/SWMBO on the theater room seating-

wound up w/natuzzi italian red-leather set which is nice and fairly comfortable(left and right side-no choice but to put your feet up;middle has foot hassok(sp?)that can be moved to put your feet on the floor),and LEATHER rules for butt-shaking(really transferrs the low-bass).

if i can one day,(the natuzzi cost as much/more than the 'real deal' theater recliners would)i would like to go w/the recliner-type seat built-in drink cup setup.

it needs to have the capability of raising the arms out of the way though, so 'snuggle-ing' can occur(sheesh!) 2.gif

avman.

----------------

On 5/4/2004 2:36:09 PM m00n wrote:

----------------

On 5/4/2004 1:55:42 PM avman wrote:

SWMBO

----------------

What's that stand for?

----------------

got that from another forum member:

She

Who

Must

Be

Obeyed

13.gif15.gif

Question for htxpert and SoundBroker -

Why would one want to use a "theater" seat like the Berkline or Lay Z Boy versus any one number of recliners that are out there? I mean, is there something special about them other than the drink holders? This is not a baited question. I sincerely would like to know what I could expect to get from these seats that a traditional quality recliner would not have.

This a great thread BTW.

Tom

Hi

Honestly when we are talking about chairs in this price range there really is not much difference except that the Berklines Have a contemporary design (they dont look like your grandpa's chair) can be bolted together to make a curve they have cup holders and have factory installed Butt Kickers They are very wide and have lots of

Hip Space 2.gif When you get into the higher end chairs like Cinema Tec the back is cut lower so your ears are above the back of the rear cushion these are big bucks

I spent a couple hours sitting in the leather Berkline HT recliners down at Audioclassics, and I can say truthfully they are "tres comfortable"!!... I hate to say it, but methinks they had an edge on my 1994 vintage top-o-the-line La-z-Boy recliner! 5.gif